1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support what is the next phone i should get when my contract is up.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi so my upgrade to get a new phone is September 9 i can't wait to get a new one so i got a couple of question about getting an iPhone for the first time coming from an android i think i know how to used a iPhone just because my mom got an iPad so i think it the same just in a smaller phone size so i think i won't have no problem getting used to it. So i was looking at the iPhone se in space gray or rose gold so the phone i got is the lg g2 from Verizon the screen is of course bigger then the iPhone se so one of my question is how would it feel to go from a big screen to a small phone and should i get the phone i'm also on a budget right the Verizon has the iPhone se 16gb .99 or the iPhone 64GB for 49.99 i don't know how long would the price be hopefully it could last until my upgrade. I might also wait until the iPhone 7 come out to see if the iPhone 6s or 6s plus price will go down to my price range. So if i do get the iPhone se what color should i get space gray or the rose gold if the price would still be the same by the time my contract is up could you guys give me any other suggestions about first time user getting an iPhone so that is it for now. I was thinking of getting the note 5 from best buy for 1.00 but the sale ends this Saturday so it look like i'm not getting that no time soon at least if they have a other sale or deal by the time my upgraded is available.

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    This is Android Forums. Apple Forum is down the hall on the right.

badcatz likes this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I thought it was the hallway to the left?

but, with all that behind us.....

I have a Galaxy S5 and am using it right now. Have been using it for over two years.
    then I bought a Note 4 with a screen that is 1/2 inch wider and taller.....
    then the Note 4 died ( my fault )

I had to pull the SIM out of the Note 4 and go back to using the S5 with the smaller screen.

Three Comments:

1. the S5 fits my shirt pocket a lot easier.

2. the S5 stinks, the fonts are too small, and I can't read the damn thing unless I put on a pair of drug store bought $1.50 pair of magnifiers....

3. the damn keyboard is too small now, and I can't type on it worth a shit.....
    swipe does not work correctly, the one on the Note 4 is a lot better,

so, I think you will be disappointed.

4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I've went from bigger to smaller and it takes some getting used too. I'll never go under 5inches again.
    Good luck with your iPhone.

Bg260 likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Apple generally release their new models in September, so you probably won't need to wait long if at all to see what those are. I don't know whether Verizon cut prices on the older iPhone models or how soon they sell out once new ones are announced; Apple generally like to manage stock to ensure a quick changeover of models, but not being American I've no experience of how VZW handle this.

For big to small screen, go into a store and have a play with a display model. That will at least give a first impression, though with daily use you might either adjust or grow frustrated (people differ). Unless you just don't keep media on your phone and are not a big app user I'd avoid the 16GB model myself: since iPhone storage can't be expanded that's not a lot of space, so I'd buy bigger capacity if you can afford it.

6. jackson444

jackson444 Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    thanks guys for your reply i had to make an account to reply so i know this is android forum i also post this on the iPhone forum but i still didn't get reply i just check today no reply i thought i will get help from iPhone user but i guess not. So i will be going to the Verizon store to try out all the phone that i want to buy i know verizon got a new monthly plan that i think i can do i'm on my mom family plan and me and my mom can upgrade but my dad i think still have about a year until his contract is up. So i'm going to talk to my mom about the monthly plan to see if she like that idea better then the 2 year contract i'm going to keep you guys updated on what phone i want to buy but if we are able to do the monthly plan then i will have more phone to choose from the reason i wanted the iPhone is because it was in my price range 49.99 other phones i wanted was a little high my price range was free to 100 the iPhone is what i wanted. Thanks again guys for help and suggestion.

#6 jackson444, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Hadron and MLSS like this.