• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the SGS2 missing?

uh, no thanks lol
i like TouchWiz 4.0 A LOT more personally.

me too! my friend got a desire S n i was using it.. i prefer the touchwiz interface a lot more too.. maybe its just that i already got used to it, being my first android phone n all.. but i just found it better..
and im not saing the SGS2 is perfect but i cant really think of anythign i need to use that this phone does not have

Upvote 0
I would also say battery life. Drained the first charge in 1 day. (my first phone in 1997 lasted more then 2 days)

Also it would be nice if you could replace chrome with $browser_of_choice .
Have exchange sync limited to only calender. (whatever I choose, email is included, unless you sync with Kies)

For the rest, I like it, phone from my employer and it was the lightest of the set I could choose from.

Upvote 0
Technology that is currently out - Nothing, bar the LED light and a sound system - but I am perfectly happy with the speakers. (Earphones are bliss, all the EQs and 5.1 Vsurround. :))

However a few months down the line, I'd like to see some of the 300+PPI WITH Super AMOLED. Never mind, crappy qHD. :p

Upvote 0
A dedicated camera button would be handy, but that's no big deal to me... and I don't think I have the redspot problem?

I do miss having an LED coming from E-Series Nokia's! And an FM transmitter would be very handy, but thats it really. I love the screen, and don't see any need for qhd. the screen is already brilliant. Using NoLED is okay, but not the same.

I like TW now i'm used to it... less resource heavy than Sense too?

Now i'm rooted and have frozen some stuff from running, I get 12-15 hours of heavy usage (lots of games and web) easily... 18-20 of medium usage (a few games, calls, texts, and facebook and a bit of web and as usual, full email pushing) and 22 to about 32 hours of light-mild use! - here now, mostly light use, i've got 12% battery left, and i've been on battery a day and nine hours! - light use probably overall, with a few steep drops.

I just wish I could make the stock browser always work in desktop site mode!

Upvote 0
A dedicated camera button would be handy, but that's no big deal to me... and I don't think I have the redspot problem?

I do miss having an LED coming from E-Series Nokia's! And an FM transmitter would be very handy, but thats it really. I love the screen, and don't see any need for qhd. the screen is already brilliant. Using NoLED is okay, but not the same.

I like TW now i'm used to it... less resource heavy than Sense too?

Now i'm rooted and have frozen some stuff from running, I get 12-15 hours of heavy usage (lots of games and web) easily... 18-20 of medium usage (a few games, calls, texts, and facebook and a bit of web and as usual, full email pushing) and 22 to about 32 hours of light-mild use! - here now, mostly light use, i've got 12% battery left, and i've been on battery a day and nine hours! - light use probably overall, with a few steep drops.

I just wish I could make the stock browser always work in desktop site mode!

It is MUCH less resource heavy. And you can. type about:useragent in your browser and select desktop, and then sites should be in desktop mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones