• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is the vault folder?

I'm trying to do some file cleanup on my Galaxy Note 4. There's a Vault folder in the phone storage, and all of its contents seem to be duplicates of files in other places, such as music and photo files that are on my SD card. Can anyone tell me its purpose? Can I delete what's in it since it also appears elsewhere, or are the two linked somehow so that deleting one place will also delete in the other?

I'm having the same issue, however I can't even see into the file because I don't have a file manager and I don't have the space for one. :/

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_151815.jpg
    IMG_20150701_151815.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,497
Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue, however I can't even see into the file because I don't have a file manager and I don't have the space for one. :/
Umm so actually here's something that happened. In my efforts to clear up some space for a file manager app, I made sure that all of my pictures were backed up and then deleted everything older than 2015. I then downloaded a file manager and looked for the vault, only to find that it was now empty. I deleted the entire "downloads" folder in pictures (which consisted of 2.2k pics downloaded from the Cloud), and when I go to the built-in storage viewer on my phone (the one that that screenshot is from), Vault is gone from Misc. Strange, especially so since the pictures I deleted were taking up less than a gigabyte of space but the Vault was 5+ gigs... Anyways, though, that's what worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones