1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What is this??? And is it a Virus????

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Dinaiak, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Dinaiak

Dinaiak Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Australia
    Well, last week i got a ringtone app from the market. And there were annoying ads at the bottom, i happened to see a facebook one with "1 new message" I wasn't thinking and i tapped on it. I immidiatley exited the page after i had realised what i had done wrong. About 5 minutes later, a download thing popped up and said: download of: au_WarHorseMusic_double.apk failed, because i have my phone set to not allowing downloads other then market apps... It is an apk file, and if someone will tell me how, i will gladly supply a link for those who want to have a sniff around the file.
    Thanks for your time,
    Dinaiak

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Tried to do a quick search around to see what it might be on Google and only one result pops up and it happens to be your post..... I would download an anti virus app with a virus scan and run it a time or 2 just to be safe. Lookout is probably the best top rated one out and you get a 14 day full trial period with it.

But never click adds. Just like when you are on your computer those adds can be virus' I actually clicked one on my comp one day like an idiot and it installed this extension on Chrome and everywhere I went online there was millions of adds EVERYWHERE. Gmail, Facebook, random sites I went to, etc.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. AndroidAdvntge

None

Dec 29, 2011
    Like started above, just get a virus protection like lookout and make sure. Its a good thing you don't allow non market download sources, I would be screwed!

4. Andima

Andima Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Male
    Undergraduate.
    Do you installed good security application like LookOut, if not please download them only Android market and scan your phone. Lookout scan phone memory as well as SD. If not report this issue to Google. They will get suitable decision.

5. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Avast and AVG have antivirus software in the market