• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is this August 11th update?

ChaoticJ

Mar 22, 2012
St. Pete, Fl
I no longer have the esteem...I passed my phone on to my mom lol and its running ROM #2 ZVD and she called saying something about a software update...can she do the update without bricking the phone? I no longer have any stock backups cause I lost them on my S3. I just don't want nothing to happen since I don't have another phone to give her if something goes wrong. Any advice is awesome. Thanks guys :D

I no longer have the esteem...I passed my phone on to my mom lol and its running ROM #2 ZVD and she called saying something about a software update...can she do the update without bricking the phone? I no longer have any stock backups cause I lost them on my S3. I just don't want nothing to happen since I don't have another phone to give her if something goes wrong. Any advice is awesome. Thanks guys :D

you can go to lg.com and get the update,and i do believe ldrifta said it will unroot you anyways ,so you dont have to go back to stock,i believe,but read his post ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE} it should help you,if not let us know,we'll get you there :D

Reactions: ChaoticJ
Upvote 0
I said the samething cant tell til after the 11th of aug. Cause i dont think they can shut us out . But keep in mind if any problems happen after aug. 11 something they can fix cause all they have to do is the update at that time hmmmmmmm. Make u think maybe if u dont do the update they cant monitor u and u will be bill free . :eek::screwy::banghead::D:rolleyes: just a joke but a hmmmmm what if time will tell on August 11,2013

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones