1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is this notification?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dellpa, Nov 2, 2014.

1. dellpa

dellpa Lurker

I frequently get an icon in my notification bar that looks like a phone with an eyeball on it. It flashes briefly and then goes away. If I pull down to see what the icon means, there is no detail listed. What is this? Is my phone watching me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

That's the Smart Screen. It's letting you know that it's keeping the screen in because you're looking at the screen.

freon600a and Mikestony like this.
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

It's just a take on a well-known Samsung Feature. they call it 'Smart Stay'. actually quite nice if you have your phone set to time out and sleep at a short time interval. that way it won't turn off while you're doing something such as reading an email, or ebook, or looking at your photos, but will still turn off 1 minute or whatever later to save your battery.

Before one would have to manually reset the timeout setting awfully high and remember to turn their phone off manually if they didn't want their screen suddenly going off while doing something like reading an email. I must say the LG implementation works a lot better than the one Samsung uses, since the one Samsung uses is rendered inoperable in low-light or bright sun conditions.

freon600a likes this.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews