• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is this tiny blue box with question mark?

What is this tiny blue box with question mark in it when I try to run some apps. :thinking:
I have downloaded three different games tonight and tried to run them on my Lg Optimus M and when the app begins to run, the screen changes quickly to all black with a tiny blue box in the middle that has question marks on it.
What does this mean?
I was at the site called Appbrain and successfully downloaded two jet fighter games, one called Sky Warrior and another called sky warrior Force, and then I tried opening a third game called "heli strike" after successfully downloading it, all three have given me the black screen with the blue box instead of the game beginning, What does this mean? Is it because I am running 2.2? Or maybe these apps wont run on LG Optimus M? IDK
Has anyone any info on this tiny blue box with the question marks when you try to run a newly installed game? Please advise.... over,

Screenshot?
Wow, after some googling it is quite an operation to be able to take a screenshot on my android phone, I dont know if I am capable of following all of the instructions i am finding..
BUT: I did just try to take a picture using my webcam of phone's blank screen with the tiny blue box in the middle, using my webcam, and I uploaded it to flickr, here;
Tiny blue box With questionmarks on it | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Not really the best focus/detail, but the best I could get. The box is just so tiny and my webcam not the best. Sorry :-(
Thank you for trying to help me out,
perry

Upvote 0
From what it looks like, it's either the Flash logo, or the Apple QuickTime logo. From the context of the original post, I am leaning towards Flash.

Since you can't easily take a screenshot on your phone, I'm assuming you haven't rooted your phone. We have found modified versions of Flash that work for our phone, but I don't remember if you have to be rooted or not. Also, I'm on my phone now, and linking in the Phandroid app is almost impossible lol. Search around. Check out the "All Things Root" subforum for the Optimus M if you can't find the Flash thread. :)

Reactions: perryinjax
Upvote 0
From what it looks like, it's either the Flash logo, or the Apple QuickTime logo. From the context of the original post, I am leaning towards Flash.

Since you can't easily take a screenshot on your phone, I'm assuming you haven't rooted your phone. We have found modified versions of Flash that work for our phone, but I don't remember if you have to be rooted or not. Also, I'm on my phone now, and linking in the Phandroid app is almost impossible lol. Search around. Check out the "All Things Root" subforum for the Optimus M if you can't find the Flash thread. :)

Yes you need root to use flash, my girls phones non rooted and i tryed the flash mod 10.1, and 10.2 with no success. It still dosent reconize flash content.

Upvote 0
I am afraid to root my LG Optimus M.. I kind of would LOVE to get rid of a LOT of this NONSENSE bloatware that metroPcs put on here, but I am still a little gun shy to root my phone.
Not for any known realistic reasons. Only because I know nothing about the negative side of rooting my phone, and am afraid of the unknown consequinces that I can only imagine right now.. being a newb :D
I will see if I can somehow install flash without rooting. I think maybe I already have flash, because all the Youtube videos play just fine on my phone. I do have Lots of aftermarket apps, and they all work, excpet these few here i mention that I just ran across. Hmmmm. I will go see if I can learn how to add flash to my unrooted phone. Anyone got anything to say to me that might belay my fears of rooting my phone? What are the cons? Maybe there are No cons, and I am only being afraid of the unknown. I might regret rooting my phone because of ....... Please fill in the blank, if there is anything to put there, Maybe I am just being unnecessarily paranoid.. IDK :)

Upvote 0
Knowing so little about the adverse affects and possible consequinces, I am afraid to root my phone, as only my imagine is all I have to rely on as to what might happen negatively to my phone. I am afraid to root it i guess afraid of the unknown. Although I would LOVE to get rid of a LOT of this BLoatware that is taking up so much of my phones internal memory, apps that cannot be transferred to my sd card that I cannot uninstall unless I root the phone also.. So maybe I should go ahead and try to root it so I can get flash> IDK what to do. Btw.. I am running 2.2.2 i found out after seeing one of the replies here asking which 2.2, so I looked into it and found it.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/475664-optimus-m-2-2-2-rootkit.html
Follow this thread if your serious about rooting your phone, then download antek app manager from market. Also i would advise you to read the Lg optimus m all things root thread before doing anything. Get comfortable with the idea, and process first. Hope this helps.

Edit; antek app manager is a app that lets you remove system apps(bloatware) to free up space on your phone.

Reactions: perryinjax
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/475664-optimus-m-2-2-2-rootkit.html
Follow this thread if your serious about rooting your phone, then download antek app manager from market. Also i would advise you to read the Lg optimus m all things root thread before doing anything. Get comfortable with the idea, and process first. Hope this helps.

Edit; antek app manager is a app that lets you remove system apps(bloatware) to free up space on your phone.

Thanks a LOT man..extremely helpful :)
PleaseContinue2BsoVeryGroovy,:cool:
Perryinjax

Upvote 0
Hi, as far as I have been able to find out the processor on this pjone is not capable of hsndling flash even with an overclock of the processor. Some of the custom Romdevelopers added flash Only to take it out cause phone can't handle it.

Flash works perfectly fine on my om, overclocked 748 on any cm7 build. You just have to learn how to apply it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones