• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is up with Certain Files/Folders now not viewable via USB Connection

EVOGUY88

Jan 17, 2012
Recently i noticed for example i take a picture with the Camera on SV and if i go to the Gallery i can view that image. But now if i want to Transfer to a file from the phone to my PC via Usb i cannot and if the phone is connected via usb i cannot view the file on my computer???????

I Just installed CamScanner the paid version i took a pic of a Receipt via Camscanner and in Camscanner settings i cannot view the Camscanner Folder via USB Connection it is so weird. When i had the HTC EVO DESIGN 4G on Boost Mobile i could view the Camscanner Folder and Transfer any scanned images to my computer via PC what could have happened????????

Recently i noticed for example i take a picture with the Camera on SV and if i go to the Gallery i can view that image. But now if i want to Transfer to a file from the phone to my PC via Usb i cannot and if the phone is connected via usb i cannot view the file on my computer???????

I Just installed CamScanner the paid version i took a pic of a Receipt via Camscanner and in Camscanner settings i cannot view the Camscanner Folder via USB Connection it is so weird. When i had the HTC EVO DESIGN 4G on Boost Mobile i could view the Camscanner Folder and Transfer any scanned images to my computer via PC what could have happened????????

Most other phones mount the micro SDHC card under /sdcard.

The hTC One SV has internal memory that is mounted under /sdcard. The *REMOVABLE* micro SDHC card appears under /sdcard/ext_sd/. When you plug the phone into your computer, you are accessing the files on your *REMOVABLE* micro SDHC card (that appear on the phone under /sdcard/ext_sd/). Thus, any files that are saved under /sdcard/ (and not /sdcard/ext_sd/) do not appear.

Many applications assume that /sdcard is the *REMOVABLE* storage, and as such, write their files to directories under /sdcard. That is not true on the hTC One SV.

If you'd like to change things, it would almost certainly require a rooted handset...

Upvote 0
Welp We're here in the 'all things root' section.... How would we go about changing it to make the real sdcard the one that the phone uses?... I too am kinda annoyed from constantly copying/moving files from the fake sdcard to the real sdcard, I'm almost about to get a program that will automatically sync the two for me but that would'nt work like I would like it on my 32gb sdcard ... I know it would slow some apps down, but I would be fine with that.... How can we fix it?

Upvote 0
When you plug the phone into your computer, you are accessing the files on your *REMOVABLE* micro SDHC card (that appear on the phone under /sdcard/ext_sd/). Thus, any files that are saved under /sdcard/ (and not /sdcard/ext_sd/) do not appear.

Hi.
I beg to differ here.
When I plug my SV into my computer, I have access to both "internal SD" (/sdcard) AND "removable sd" (/sdcard/ext_sd), appearing under two seperate physical disks in my computer's file explorer.
I can read, copy and write files on both memories.
(I'm running windows 7, by the way).

That being said, it's true that we can't use the SD for anything else than file storage... I'm using spotify a lot, so I had to use a little trick using the old apk to have it store my synched playlists on my "removable sd", but that's it.

On the XDA one sv root topic, there's something about swaping memories.
You'll find it here. I didn't try it, but go ahead if you want !

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
On the XDA one sv root topic, there's something about swaping memories.
You'll find here. I didn't try it, but go ahead if you want !

Has anyone been successful with this on our phone?

I just had the time to try it and it did not work for me (usa boost mobile)
I tried changing a couple things based on what our stock commands are but still no luck for me... any help?

Here is the original stock code
Found at /etc/vold.fstab
Code:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones