1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support What is up with my camera?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sbbamafan, May 6, 2010.

1. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    It worked fine for the first 3 weeks. As of a couple of days ago it is not. If I try to use it I get a popup that says:

Sorry - The application Camera(process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The button below says 'Force close'. What could I have done? How do I fix it?

Also my battery life at the same time has gone from acceptable to horrendous. Is this related or coincidence?

Thanks - SB

Advertisement

2. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Austin
    i'd definitely try shutting off the phone and pulling the battery for a minute and then reboot and see, and other than that uninstall any recent applications. beyond that, i don't know that it could be anything you would have done really. if you've tried those things, maybe try a different sd card? beyond that, i'd imagine sprint would want you to hard reset the phone if it were still doing it. i haven't come across any threads about camera issues that i recall.

*definitely the apps thing could apply to the battery issue you're talking about too. this would be any widgets you've added or apps you've installed.

3. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Columbia, MO
    I would definitely agree about the recent apps. I had a friend who took his to Sprint with a similar problem (his was with the dialer) only to be told to hard reset. I am sure there are other means of trying to fix it before doing that...

4. russhour

russhour Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I work with youth and young adults in the hopes th
    Raleigh NC
    Is the camera closing due to a task manager, out of curiousity? I have made the mistake of using my task manager (which I rarely use for anything but Pandora...) to kill the camera which gives me the exact same error message when trying to restart the camera. I have had to turn off the phone and turn it back on. I am working on this issue, so if I come up with anything more helpful, I will let you know. I actually think it is a process bug and that it will get sorted in 2.1

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    M does it on a regular basis. I have to kill almost every running process to get the camera to open. Kind of annoying.... that and the video recorder will never record unless I close everything that was running.

6. sbbamafan

sbbamafan Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Somehow mine started working again. I added an app or two and deleted a couple, batteries died, recharged and restarted over the course of a few days. Just happened to try it and it is working again. This is good but I have no idea what 'fixed' it.

7. 2droid

2droid New Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I get the same error "The application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and have rebooted the phone restarted, removed batt etc, I have no 3rd party apps on phone and still get the same message.

Tags: