1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

What is up with the hopeless map???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tomska, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Tomska

Tomska New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I just got my Desire as a replacement for a stolen iPhone 3GS. So far, so OK I guess.

But what is up with the maps? My iPhone could pinpoint me to within a couple of yards - we used it as a satnav and you could watch the blue dot travelling along the street you were on.

But my Desire is telling me I am on Coley Place, which is half a mile away across town!!

How much use to me is this thing going to be as a satnav if they are half a mile out????

I'm starting to get concerned that I've made the wrong choice and should have got another 3GS...

Advertisement

2. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    You are a) outside (at least to let GPS kick in) and b) have selected My Location?

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    England
    This might sound stupid but have you turned gps on?When I go into maps after forgetting to turn it on it puts me about half a mile away aswell.

4. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Level Designer
    UK,Cambridge
    It sounds like its not using the GPS at all, that is what happens when I use the local masts to pinpoint a location.

5. Tomska

Tomska New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ha! What a muppet! Thanks. I guess I need to stop treating it like an iPhone and get my head round it. there was only a "quick start" manual with it, so I shall just work my way around it this evening.

:eek:

6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    England

The full user manuel should be on the sd card that came with it.

If it's not you can download it from here:HTC Desire - User Guides

Tags: