1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is Wrong with my HTC Desire's Internal Memory?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AMPO, Aug 25, 2012.

1. AMPO

AMPO Lurker

Whenever I try to update an application, I am told I don't have enough internal memory. I have to un-install the application, and then re-install it, to get the updated version. I also can't control my text messages due to this. The issue is, I have no idea how the internal memory is full. I only have 3 installed applications stored on it. And no files, I think. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Can you give any more details? Are you rooted? If so which ROM are you using? How much memory is your phone reporting as free? What version of Android? Network?

The more details you can provide the better.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

For one thing, is the internal memory full? How much free space do you have?

4. AMPO

AMPO Lurker

I am rooted, I don't know which ROM I'm using, my phone's internal memory space is 8.96MB, my version is FroYo and my network is Vodafone.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you only have 3 installed apps then it's likely app data. Go to the manage apps menu and sort apps by size - all apps, not just downloaded ones. Look at the big ones and see whether any are using huge amounts of data. System apps' data also live in the internal storage.

If you are rooted you can go into recovery and wipe the dalvik cache. May help if there is old stuff left in there.

Clearing app caches will get you some space.

Look in software info (about phone menu) to find out what rom.

6. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Ampo, if you are indeed rooted, you may want to head over to the "All Things Root" sticky in the sub form and check out the Root Memory FAQ's. This could give you a more long term solution to the dreaded Desire memory issues.
    If you are more than happy with your current setup etc, do what Hadron suggests as this will be your best bet.

All the best!

7. AMPO

AMPO Lurker

I wiped dalvik cache, and the warning went away. But when I tried to download and install Yahoo! Mail (which I deleted prior to wiping dalvik cache), the warning came back, as well as the phone stopping me from installing the application with a "Insufficient storage" message.

I will check out the Root Memory FAQ's.

Thank u both for your help, btw.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews