1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support What is wrong with this phone?! Network issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lkreykes, Oct 20, 2012.

1. lkreykes

lkreykes Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Male
    Northern Michigan
    This is so annoying! And apparently I'm not alone. I got my strat back in June and ever since there's always been problems with me connecting to (and staying connected to) data, whether it be 1xRTT, eHRPD, or LTE. 90% of the time it never connects to LTE but when it does it only lasts for like 5 minutes. 3G connects but as soon as I try and do something online or use my phone as a Hotspot it kicks me off. I don't even try and use the internet when it says 1x. When I first caught wind of the FF1 update and heard it was supposed to fix some network issues, I was so happy. Update rolls around, and a few weeks later my phone still does the same stuff. So I did a hard reset. Didn't fix it. Getting a replacement is not an option because I got it from someone. Anybody find a solution...? Because its really frustrating. Thanks
    EDIT- I have an Alltel/Verizon PRL (I think?). It says 14012 in settings and under Network it says "Unknown".

EDIT 2 - I just got a new PRL now 15154 and says Verizon all over. How do I get it to say it on the lock screen?

EDIT 3 - it seems it only drops data when using the mobile Hotspot. Otherwise its ok but doesn't like to connect initially.

Advertisement