1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what is your avarage battery life

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nieltab, Aug 20, 2012.

?

how long is your avarage battery life?

1. 4-6 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 6-8 hours

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 8-12 hours

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 12-24 hours

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. 24-48 hours

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. 48+ hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nieltab

nieltab Android Enthusiast

I was just wondering. Mine usually lasts 12-14 hours depending on the usage.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Answers will probably vary from device to device as well as user to user. I can get about 1.5-2 hours of screen on usage out of mine. What that translates to as total time off of charger varies greatly depending on if I'm out and about or at home on wifi.

3. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Depends...
    Xperia U 2-3 days normal use (Calls, texts, FM Radio, Web radio)
    Wildfire S - 1 day max with similar use - that's with a new battery.
    Generic tablet (Allwinner chip @ 1.5 GHz/Mali400 GPU) - 4 days standby, 5-6 hours streaming music, browsing using office apps

4. !on

!on Android Expert

Depends what you mean by "normal".

Normal for me would be a work day. Some music, browsing, youtube, text, few calls. But not constant, I turn off the data & have tweaked the auto-brightness. I can get away with forgetting to charge it one night but will need to do it the next. I also have tweaked the voltage & cpu settings in CM7 recovery.

I try to use it sparingly. Yes a phone is for talking but I try to keep it brief (prefer texts) & have the screen & 3g off when not using.

5. nieltab

nieltab Android Enthusiast

Do you use a widget to turn data off?

6. !on

!on Android Expert

There is the notification bar widget in CM7 & also the power widget, these can be customized to add the toggles you want. Before CM7 I used another widget. There are many in the play store.

nieltab likes this.
  7. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

24-28 hours with heavy usage 12 hours with very heavy usage

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I get 20hrs standby time if I leave it alone. Approx 10hrs 'normal' usage from me, which means getting through a school workday. The phone is set up to be permanently connected to data (unlimited data plan).

If I would say before setup, my phone lasts 2 days. Lol. Tested it before. Basically it all depends on the setup. My previous phone lasted about the same hours for me, but after i gave it to my brother, he has getting the thing to last 2 days, more than 24hrs my previous rating.

9. ngrygier

ngrygier Newbie

Using Juice Defender on my Nexus I get about 16 hours, but the trade off is it takes a bit for the data to kick back on once the screen is unlocked.