• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your battery life like on LG VOLT?

So I bought an LG volt that has a 3,000 mAH battery to use solely as an MP3 player, turned on airplane mode uninstalled all the useless bloatware and turned the screen to 50 percent and all the little battery saving tips, when I first got it a week ago it said the estimated battery life was 52 hours which was awesome(my ipod touch was only 40 hours on a 1,000 mAH batter), now today I hooked it up into my computer and it charged while I was putting songs on it and now once I take the charger off it is at 100 percent but says the battery will only last me 15 hours of estimated usage now?

How accurate are these estimated battery usage stats? From 52 hours down to 15 is a HUGE jump, could it be that the estimation is off because the device is still new? Again, it is in airplane mode, wifi off, no other programs running except google music from the SD card, brightness at 50 percent and everything off and I also turn the phone off inbetween using it, like when I get home for the night or whatever. I should be able to get way more than 15 hours of music playback on a 3,000 mAH battery right?

i would assume so, i got 2-3 days on avg. use when used as a phone, and now with it in airplane mode i get around 90+ hours out of it. i think the more you use it the more it'll learn. the 15 hours may be based on what it was being used for recent before it was checked. currently mine shows a rather insane 205 hours left, lol

Upvote 0
i would assume so, i got 2-3 days on avg. use when used as a phone, and now with it in airplane mode i get around 90+ hours out of it. i think the more you use it the more it'll learn. the 15 hours may be based on what it was being used for recent before it was checked. currently mine shows a rather insane 205 hours left, lol

So do you use it as a phone or solely a media player in airplane mode? I know I dont have a bad battery ijust want to make sure when I am traveling and on a bus for 10-15 hours at a time in the middle of nowhere it will last for only music playback that long. Is yours rooted or any other special stuff to get that much battery life?

Upvote 0
So do you use it as a phone or solely a media player in airplane mode? I know I dont have a bad battery ijust want to make sure when I am traveling and on a bus for 10-15 hours at a time in the middle of nowhere it will last for only music playback that long. Is yours rooted or any other special stuff to get that much battery life?

i did use it as my phone, but due to the major ram issues i got a different phone, and now just use this as a media player. when i was using it as a phone and getting 2-3 days, it wasn't rooted, but now it is so i can remove unneeded carrier bloat.

Reactions: Everymanalion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones