1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what is your biggest battery consumer?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nieltab, Aug 20, 2012.

1. nieltab

nieltab Android Enthusiast

I was wondering what consumes the most battery, I read that mostely it is the display. But I always have this 'android system' as a leader on top ( mostly like 45% android system and 25% display). Is that normal that android system consumes so much?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If you left the display turned off for an extended period of time, then of course the display would have low usage percentage. It depends on usage. For example, leaving a phone on your desk for one hour, with nothing happening, looking at the battery usage, display would have a very low readout.

3. nieltab

nieltab Android Enthusiast

The percentages I gave were at the end of the day, while i have used my phone a lot during the day. Its just strange that android sytem uses so much in comparison to the display.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

depends exactly on what you have been doing. you may want to try to download PowerTutor, gives a better breakdown than the default available.

5. ngrygier

ngrygier Newbie

The display, and the fact that I text far too much :/

6. Brownoats

Brownoats Newbie

Make sure to turn off bluetooth and wifi when roaming. I always forget those things and they destroy my battery.

7. PeterMcC

PeterMcC Newbie

I have found that switching off Location Reporting on Google Maps makes a big difference to my overall battery life.

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

The only time I've ever seen android system as the highest use item was when I checked too soon following a reboot or when there was a problem with my phone. In time, display and other items should easily overtake android system in my experience. YMMV.

9. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

On my Atrix 4G, its the display which is around 40% usage being on for over 2 hrs.

10. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

Screen (display)!

11. after screen and system comes FACEBOOK! :)

12. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

Display always

13. ayaznoor

ayaznoor Well-Known Member

display always above 60% next up is usually cell standby, phone idle and android system, in this order