• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is your favorite kernel?

Title is pretty self-explanatory. I am making a CM7 port (and I am lazy and want to use an existing kernel), so which one is your favorite?

Choices are:
1. Plague Kernel (Developed by PlayfulGod; used in Black Plague ROM)
2. Blitzkerig Kernel (Developed by mtmichaelson; used in Broken Out ROM)
3. Kernel Number 2 (Modified by Idrifta; used in ROM Number 2)
4. Stock ZVA (Developed by LG; used in Stock ROM)

If you are unsure as to how to tell which kernel ypu like most, just look at your battery life and responsivenss. Why? Because the kernel mainly controls your CPU.

Title is pretty self-explanatory. I am making a CM7 port (and I am lazy and want to use an existing kernel), so which one is your favorite?

Choices are:
1. Plague Kernel (Developed by PlayfulGod; used in Black Plague ROM)
2. Blitzkerig Kernel (Developed by mtmichaelson; used in Broken Out ROM)
3. Kernel Number 2 (Modified by Idrifta; used in ROM Number 2)
4. Stock ZVA (Developed by LG; used in Stock ROM)

If you are unsure as to how to tell which kernel ypu like most, just look at your battery life and responsivenss. Why? Because the kernel mainly controls your CPU.

I am using the blitzkerig kernel right now in rom#2 Because of the responsiveness that i get with it and because i like the interactive governor. But #2's kernel comes in as a close 2nd imo at least till ldrifta ports his speed unleashed kernel over for us. Thx for ur future efforts in trying to make our phone's more kick ass

Upvote 0
#2 is he best so far...
:)

armirol-albums-screenshots-picture7322-2013-01-02-02-23-07.png

Upvote 0
Kernel #2 is built into ROM #2. It is not available as a separate download like the other 2. I know how to extract it from a ROM. Just not able to do so at this very second.

EDIT: Other 3 (forgot I listed stock)

I think ldrifta already extracted it cause I have it on my sd card as a flashable .zip. I believe it is in one of his posts but I'm not sure which one at the moment.

Edit: I found it and bumped it to the top for ya

Reactions: EagerestWolf
Upvote 0
It does and I will be going straight CM7 nothing added (save Google apps) nothing removed.

Y thank u for that, I have missed cm7 since I got rid of my old ascend and am looking forward to this cm7 on this phone because I dont think the old phone did it justice. It was great dont get me wrong but I feel that it'll b a lot smoother on a phone of this caliber. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones