• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is your favorite root method and/or ROM for your Droid 3?

nerofmx

May 13, 2010
Hello, I finally got around to getting a Droid 3. I was just looking to see if any of you guys have a preference on the way you root the phone and/or which ROM you prefer to use.

Mine will be here tomorrow so I am just looking for some of the better options to try out when it does arrive. Thanks!

Well there are two root methods... the original manual root method, I guess you coukd do that if you wanted to, maybe for a challenge, but be careful
I would definetely reccomend the one-click root from a great dev named psouza... the newest version let's u root, unrooot, and supposedly restore ur /system/app folder (haven't tried that yet), probably the best way to go as it is simple... here is the link
Pete's Motorola Root Tools

And no custom roms yet

Upvote 0
Well there are two root methods... the original manual root method, I guess you coukd do that if you wanted to, maybe for a challenge, but be careful
I would definetely reccomend the one-click root from a great dev named psouza... the newest version let's u root, unrooot, and supposedly restore ur /system/app folder (haven't tried that yet), probably the best way to go as it is simple... here is the link
Pete's Motorola Root Tools

And no custom roms yet

Well the restore function bricked my phone, luckily there is an unbrick method....
Thumb up for one-click-root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones