• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is your guys all time favorite Android phone?

I'm typing this post from my old HTC One SV, an entry level phone that I bought in 2012, I later bought another HTC the M8 but I lost it during a trip. This year I bought a LG G4 Stylus but my wife's phone was broken so I gave her the LG. The HTC One SV came back to life with a new battery and I rooted it in order to expand the storage using Link2SD app.

So far the One SV didn't stop to impress me, I dropped it several times, took it apart to fix the power button, used it as wifi hotspot... Despite its age and the small amount of RAM (1gb) it runs fairly smooth with latest versions of today's popular apps.

Upvote 0
I had a T-Mobile Galaxy SII (Hercules). Using the Roman Numerals is correct, BTW. It was given to me by a friend when I first got into Android. I have a VZW S4 with a locked bootloader. Hercules, which I did not know at the time, is one of the most widely developed Android devices ever. I cut my teeth with it. Ran scores of different ROM's. It is currently running CM13 (Virtually Partitioned) and I have passed it on to my Son. I thoroughly fell in love with Android as a direct result of this device. It changed my life. So, yeah, I would say that it is my favorite.

Upvote 0
In many respects the HTC One S - a thing of beauty IMO, and a good size for me personally. I'd have bought one except for the inadequate (and non-expandable) storage, a problem that has ruled out a lot of phones for me (Nexus models in particular seem to either be too large or to have too little storage, so every year I get annoyed by Google's choices).

Upvote 0
A Sammy guy here, I really like the Note 4....

I started with the Galaxy S, and then the S5, and then the Note 4....
so far, have not rooted any of them.

My daughter is using the HTC One M9, a present from me to her.
20/20 hindsight says that was a horrible choice, for her, and for me.

the "only reason" I bought it was because it has twin speakers and they are very good.
Hindsight says that is a very stupid reason to buy anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones