1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What keyboard do you use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha2k, Sep 26, 2014.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

I currently use Google keyboard. I've also used the Samsung and Swype, and one other I can't remember the name of right now.

I really need a bigger key'd keyboard that has swyping ability but not sure what one to get, so I figured I would pay here to see what everyone is using and possibly suggest a fat finger, bigger keys, with Swype ability keyboard.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bluecrema

Bluecrema Lurker

SwiftKey it's now free has swiping and you can re size the keys to 5 sizes. You also can change the layout. I love the thumb version on my tablet. If you like a number row you can turn on the option.

3. The_Ty

The_Ty Member

I 2nd Swiftkey, used it for ages and it sounds just what you're after

4. VinBone

VinBone Lurker

The only people I know who have disparaged Swiftkey had never used it. Once they saw it and used it for a week, they never looked back. In fact, for those of us that may wipe and recover our phones more than once a year, it's usually one of the first apps we reinstall. If not, after the third time you have had to use the native keyboard, you stop whatever you're doing and install Swiftkey.

Remember, with Swiftkey you have a lot more control over how silly things work, like autocomplete and the space bar functions. i've found its prediction to be really good AND I like the fact that I can go between typing, voice and swyping without having to change a setting somewhere (usually in the same message).

Swiftkey has also been better because I live in a somewhat strange household: Just about everyone in the family is at least bilingual (but not the same two languages. However, English is universal). I have changed languages three times in a message and it has kept up!

5. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast

Another one to try is SlideIt, it supports shortcuts.

6. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Just download SwiftKey and never look back!

7. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

SwiftKey gets my vote too. Apart from my S4 and Note 10.1 2014 I also have an iPhone and an iPad. One of the major annoyances with the iThings is not being able to use SwiftKey.

8. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

Landed on swiftkey. Like it a lot, just one issue I'm having out seems. I have auto Capitolization checked in settings, yet when I type I by itself it doesn't capitolize.
    Any suggestions what to do?

9. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I have never had that issue so I can't help you. Try unselected and re-election the auto capitalization feature.

10. Bluecrema

Bluecrema Lurker

Odd I <~~~ just tried it and is working for me. I would also try disabling auto capitalization and re-enable.

11. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Swype for me

12. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Another for SwiftKey tried the others and I always come back.

13. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Android Enthusiast

I use TouchPal X - it's very good. I've not tried Swype or SwiftKey, though so I can't compare them.

14. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

i tried them all and i find google keyboard to the be most accurate, especially for me because I constantly switch from tap to swipe mid sentence

15. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

Yeah I'm not sure what's wrong. I unchecked and rechecked the auto caps but still having the same issue. Dunno, maybe it's the stock samsung messaging app causing conflicts, dunno

16. Gikan

Gikan Lurker

I use the dock that comes with Asus TF201

17. Meerky

Meerky Member

Swype for me as well, it's the first thing I install on a phone or tablet.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews