• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What kind of headphones are using with your S4?

I'm a semi pro musician whose been making & recording music for about 30 years so I am a bit of an audiophile. I'll let you in on something I learned after spending literally thousands of dollars on headphones, in ear monitors and ear buds. The cheapo apple ear buds with with foam cushions put on them will give you just as good bass and overall frequency response as any pair of high dollar ear buds you can buy. Any sound engineer who has bothered to test them will tell you the same thing. Headphones are a different animal but if you use ear buds, try my suggestion and you will be amazed.

Upvote 0
I'm a semi pro musician whose been making & recording music for about 30 years so I am a bit of an audiophile. I'll let you in on something I learned after spending literally thousands of dollars on headphones, in ear monitors and ear buds. The cheapo apple ear buds with with foam cushions put on them will give you just as good bass and overall frequency response as any pair of high dollar ear buds you can buy. Any sound engineer who has bothered to test them will tell you the same thing. Headphones are a different animal but if you use ear buds, try my suggestion and you will be amazed.

I watch videos and movies and streams all the time on my phone...I don't want anything too expensive for a task as that. Apple ones? I'll see what kind of apple ones match up with it.

Upvote 0
Bose :D
Bose_IE2_Headphones-1_1_440x330.JPG

Upvote 0
Skull Candy Titans are without a doubt the best earbuds I've found for under $100. And the kicker is that they are $35.

They are comfortable, sound great, and cheap. they're also durable. I've had the same pair for over 4 years, and it's been through the clothes washer.

Far and away better quality than the old Apple ear buds. I haven't used the new-shape Apple 'buds. I do know that the 'buds that came with my S4 are pretty decent quality for 'included'... but I mainly use them when I have forgotten my Skull Candy 'buds - they are my emergency, keep in the car set, or if I need handsfree phone operation in the car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones