1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What kind of tree do you usually use to celebrate Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dontpanicbobby, Nov 23, 2018.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I prefer a Balsam Fir but Fraser Firs are better for lights. Uhmm...
    I'm curious about decorating too.

Member2085114 and Dannydet like this.
  2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Just your typical real artificial 6ft. tree...
    Prelit...
    And a combination of new and old ornaments.

3. dontpanicbobby

My old ornaments aren't as old as they used to be @Dannydet. I got a Red River Rifle one Christmas. I'm afraid only the plastic ones survied. After a couple of score years the paint has faded but they get pride of place.

Is the real artificial tree a thing you grew up with? One side of my family loves them. I'm not from that side. :rob:

Dannydet likes this.
  4. cathycat555

cathycat555 Newbie

usually we set up a artificial tree and decorate it mostly with old things with some new ones thrown in the mix. and don't forget the lights as well

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

It's already in water though. Hasn't it been cut or is she planning on replanting it. One of my aunts did that and it grew to the third floor of our house.
    You wouldn't have recognized it as a Christmas tree though. It was tall and lanky.

6. dontpanicbobby

I'm not sure what she did. It actually did grow in our front yard though.

Her mom was a Gardner and I think she inherited that.

Green thumbs run in families.

Women's secrets.

7. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Artificial here...

and here's a pic of the one in our city centre... nothing says Christmas more than an upside down cornetto

(Taken via the new Night Mode on my pixel 2)

Attached Files:

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

How about this beauty. Camborne town's tree was vandalised, and eventually replaced by a real spruce.
    (Spot the fake one)

camborne-trees.jpg

psionandy likes this.
  9. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

A cannabis tree but it don't stand long enough for Christmas because it gets rolled up and catch fire so it can't be decorated:D

10. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

It's a Norway Spruce for us this year, a nice 7 footer. We had a Norman Fir last year, which looked lovely but does not have that lovely pine smell when you walk in the house. :D

Fake or real.. mm, we always had real when I was growing up. However I have always had fake up until I had a family, now it's real all the way.

Quick picture of ours, didn't have the chocolates or candy canes on at this point. Never do tinsel as I personally hate it. But do love Gisela Graham baubles, we have clear glass ones with angels inside. Blooming lovely.

This being the 1st year with a cat, it should be a challenge to keep it up and the cat not being evicted!! :oops:

Attached Files:

11. dontpanicbobby

Are you sure the tree is unfolded? Way to slim for my needs. Don't have a 12 foot room anywhere. I need a wide tree.

12. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

It says "pencil slim"--so I think that's how it's intended to look. But...why?!

13. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Who has room for a 12' tree, but wants it to be "pencil slim" too?