1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

what launcher are you using?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prosan98, May 12, 2012.

1. prosan98

prosan98 Active Member

May 22, 2011
    I can't use Sense anymore, it just crashes way too often. I didn't like launcher pro when it tried it a few months ago. I just downloaded adw launcher and it's ok, but it doesn't have a widget for displaying email directly on a home screen (which is pretty much the only HTC widget I use). So is there a better launcher with better widgets or does anyone have an app recommendation for email? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Joshbear

Joshbear Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    North Carolina
    I don't know if it has an e-mail widget, but I was always a fan of Go Launcher EX when I had my Shift.

tube517 likes this.
  3. prosan98

prosan98 Active Member

May 22, 2011
    Just downloaded Go Launcher EX, and it's amazing! It's super easy to configure your screens, and the e-mail widget seems to be just what I wanted. It took me ages to re-configure all my screens in ADW, so I was hesitant to try something new, but I was done in like 10 minutes! Just the fact that it allows you to add all the widgets/apps/shortcuts you want to a screen at one time is fantastic. I don't think I will miss Sense at all (though it pisses me off to no end that I have an HTC phone and nearly a year after the update to Gingerbread, Sense still isn't fixed).

4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    USA
    GO Launcher is my favorite and it's free. They also have their own store and many many themes, widgets, etc. I have it on my Nook Color as well as my EVO 4G. My EVO Shift has Synergy so that is sense and it's running very smooth so I'm not in a hurry to put GO on it.