1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what makes sense so great?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Enrodreher, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Enrodreher

Enrodreher Member

hi guys i'll make it quick...i have always had iphones and plan on changing, im on the fence between the atrix or the inspire. my question to you guys what makes htc sense so different from moto blur? can someone explain or is it something i just have to play with on both phones. thank you in advance. no bias please pure truth i know im on the inspire forum but id like what makes it so great.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

Sense, specifically Sense 2.0, is an efficient visually based UI that adds a lot of functionality that isn't necessarily there.

3. Enrodreher

Enrodreher Member

but is it sense + android? im confused the phones have both?

4. Enrodreher

Enrodreher Member

and if you could elaborate a little more

5. Chapp1e

Sense is just a user interface that works on top/with android. It's something HTC built to work on top of and with android, both to add missing or better features, as well as give a visually more appealing presentation.

6. Enrodreher

Enrodreher Member

And what's different with motoblur? What's the difference. Thank you

7. Chapp1e

Motoblur looks to do the same thing, as does touchwiz for samsung, but they are not nearly as feature rich, and have been known to bog down as the device ages. Most original droid owners have rooted away motoblur for this particular reason, while many original HTC Hero owners still have sense on their devices because it's functional (though admittedly sense 1 was not nearly as streamlined as the new second generation sense UI is).

It's all about personal preference in the end, but if you are looking at it from a visual and feature perspective, sense offers a ton more functionality than any of the other custom manufacturer UI's.

8. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member

Andoid is the operating system. Motorola use MOTO BLUR, HTC uses Sense and others may use other veneers, as the Doorway or User Interface into Android. These manufacturers may add certain special widgets or ease of use features etc. Clocks on the home screen, special menus Social Feeds ...

In addition, some manufacturers have taken Android 2.1 (eclair) and added some featues that are on Android 2.2 (froyo) to bring their devices similar to 2.2 without actually using 2.2. That is the case with Blur and Sense

Of course this is an actual 2.2 device...

9. Enrodreher

Enrodreher Member

Thank you guys