1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

What music player do you like?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by flu13, Dec 18, 2009.

1. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Curious what music players people are liking. The default one is ok, but the widget leaves a bit to be desired. TuneWiki is cool, but I don't like that it won't use the album art that's already there and insists on downloading it on its own. I just downloaded MixZing, and it's not too bad. I like the full-screen widget.

Any other good ones out there?

Advertisement

2. digitized

digitized Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Meridian FTW. My player of choice

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    There's one called RockOn as well. I haven't tried it personally, but if you're searching for new ones you could always give it a shot.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Meridian has a widget? I've had it on my phone for months. Do I have the wrong version or something?

5. digitized

digitized Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I have two widgets for it. They are labeled music but they show the meridian icon.

6. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    Meridian player definitely. And I have 2 widgets too. I also have the pro version. was worth the $1.50 just to have the audio book option included. mp3 videos and audio books all in one player makes it a winner for me.

7. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I was using the default until I started having issues with many "unknown artist/album" mp3s. I am using Antropia now, seems ok.

I am still open for new ones for sure, I am going to try Meridian now. :cool:

**edit**

It seems Meridian uses whatever means the default player does for MP3s, as it is also showing a big chunk of my songs as "unknown".

8. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Student
    Philly
    Those have tried (and liked) meridian have you used mixzing? If yes, what made the decision for you?

9. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Anyone tried museek? :)

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY

Looks cool but the comments make it sound unstable.

Edit: Sounds like the are just having problems with a serious bug just today and are working on it. This looks like my next app to try once they iron that out.

Really want a player with EQ though.

11. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    This thread got me curious and I downloaded MixZing. So far I am quite impressed with the way it runs on my Droid. I really like the widget (the smaller one) compared to the stock music widget. I haven't messed with the "get recommendations" but so far this is a great player :) I need to gigure out how to make this the default player :thinking:

Neil