• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Music player do you use with Evo?

What Music player do you use on your Evo?

• Stock

Votes: 244 37.8%
  • Doubletwist

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Cube

Votes: 23 3.6%
  • Mixzing

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • btunes

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • Meridian

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Other??

Votes: 184 28.5%

• Total voters
Agreed, hopefully along with posting tracks to our social networks, Gmusic allows us to rate our tracks and keep track of how many times a specific app was played. Missed that from my iPod nano days...
I read something that said it has a thumbs up and thumbs down sort of rating system, but don't quote me on that.

I just got Fedrico (sp?) (Launcher Pro creator)'s Window's Phone 7/Zune themed music player and it's really cool looking! If he puts some features on it I could definitely see myself using this a bit. It's very good looking.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just installed the Windows 7 music player.
Windows Phone 7-style music player for Android arrives from the developer of LauncherPro -- Engadget
Probably the best player on Android to date.
When will Google finally figure out how to make a decent music app?

I tried to find it in the Market, but couldn't seem to find it. Did Fede make it available through the market already or is it something that's available on the Launcher Pro website?

I wanted to compare it to Power Amp.

Upvote 0
Alright, was using a free flac player becasue I was, well, being cheap I guess. Anyways, stepped up and purchased poweramp. First time I tried it I was not impressed, but he has added much since then. Plus, there will be a 2.0 update this summer, hopefully. It plays flac, has eq (dont know you need one til u get one,) custom and search for album art, and many must have and nifty features, plus more to come. Worth 5 bucks for sure.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My original answer was the "stock app" that comes with the phone. Since then I have changed to doubleTwist.

It is much better although I want:
-built in lyrics like the iOS devices have
-actually read track numbers
-improved program for computer

It is a genius alternative to the iOS products! The program for computer even looks like iTunes and connects just like it. It is brilliant!

I really don't like the fact that it can't read track names though...most of my albums' tracks are very mixed and without shuffle. Track 1 will be down by Track 13, Track 4 by Track 7, and so on and so forth. I keep my library very very neat and organized so I know, for sure, it is a problem with doubleTwist.

Built in lyrics would be nice like one the iPod Touch and iPhone but we have apps to suffice that so it's not a big deal.

The program that can be used on the computer is genius. It has a great start but still needs some bugs worked out and needs to have more features. The fact that it can access the actual App Market is a great feature as well as converting videos/music/etc. to your phone's specific need as well as it telling you all types of information about your phone just like iTunes. I just wish the converts would be a little better. It converted them alright but when I tried to play them, the audio was way off of the video.

Overall, I like doubleTwist and especially by comparison to the stock Gingerbread and 2.1 app and Google Music. I miss 2.2's stock music app...that one was nice.

Upvote 0
Power Amp......not even a contest!

Super EQ (with Pre Amp Settings), Album Art, Headset Control, Skins, Nice selection of Widgets.....much much more thatn I care to list....LOL

But I guarantee.....you download it.....all the other's are history!

Attachments

• poweramp.jpg
    poweramp.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 80
  • poweramp_4_580.jpg
    poweramp_4_580.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 79
  • PowerAMP-Best-Android-App-Reviews1.jpg
    PowerAMP-Best-Android-App-Reviews1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 88
  • theme-alu-1.jpg
    theme-alu-1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones