• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Music player do you use with Evo?

What Music player do you use on your Evo?

• Stock

Votes: 244 37.8%
  • Doubletwist

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Cube

Votes: 23 3.6%
  • Mixzing

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • btunes

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • Meridian

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Other??

Votes: 184 28.5%

• Total voters
I had been using btunes, seems to work pretty good. Just got on the Skytunes kick since beta was released last week. It's an Adobe-Air app, streams music on my Mac Mini to my Evo via 3G. Good sound quality, unlike Pandora. It's got some small bugs, but it's still in beta. I haven't added everything on my Mac to the program to stream. I tried to do it all at once, but I think it was an overload for the Mac app.

Upvote 0
For anyone interested to see what doubletwist is all about I am writing a three piece series on the concept on bright hub. Please visit this link for the first part if you are interested. Hope it can help some of you!

cheers,

Daniel

Ive been using the stock player, it syncs with my Last.fm which is already a must-have.
I just looked into Music Mod, and im loving the widgets so far (which has been my main concern for a music player).

Does DoubleTwist have any good widgets?

Upvote 0
So click on the ARTISTS tab, click on the artist you want to listen to... then click on SONGS under the artist you chose, and there you go !

I just wanted to add on top of this (something I just figured out for Music Mod this morning).

If the songs from each artist are separated out by album, I didn't realize that you could actually play ALL the songs from that single artist (thought you had to listen by album, even after clicking on the artist tab).

All you have to do is long press on the artist's name (that shows multiple albums) and click play. From there, it will give you continuous play from album to album.

For example, one of my favorite artists has something like 6 albums. At first, I thought I'd have to make a playlist just to listen to all the music from his different albums (exclusively)...that was until today when I pressed and held on top of the artist's name and kept pressing forward to next track and sure enough, after the last song of the 1st album, it went straight into the 2nd album.

Upvote 0
Power Amp for Android. All I can say is "what took you so long". It's still in beta and is so superior to anything out there it's crazy. Not on the Market yet but you can read about it here (PowerAMP is looking amazing! - xda-developers) and find the download link in the story. I used to use Mixzing (paid) but this really blows it out of the water. Scans all 500 + music files on my phone in 0.49 secs. Puts them in a cohesively organized fashion and if you are an audiophile like I am then don't delay. This sounds fantastic with customization for any music lover. Has an equalizer and pre-amp. Using this with my Boston Acoustics sound system in my truck makes me not want to get out. Looks good with a couple of skins and has a widget, tags and lyrics. Can't say enough good stuff about it. Not the best at downloading album art but no worse than Mixzing or Music Mod and if you already have the art you should be golden. Try it! This is a beta though but I honestly LOVE it and think it's the best out there right now.

Upvote 0
For those of you that are interested, I found out recently that Winamp is available in the market. I downloaded it, just to compare to Music Mod, but I still like Music Mod better for when I'm on the road.

But, if you're sitting at a bookstore studying or reading or at a coffee shop doing some work, Winamp seems like it'd be a good choice to use.

Upvote 0
Power Amp for Android. All I can say is "what took you so long". It's still in beta and is so superior to anything out there it's crazy. Not on the Market yet but you can read about it here (PowerAMP is looking amazing! - xda-developers) and find the download link in the story. I used to use Mixzing (paid) but this really blows it out of the water. Scans all 500 + music files on my phone in 0.49 secs. Puts them in a cohesively organized fashion and if you are an audiophile like I am then don't delay. This sounds fantastic with customization for any music lover. Has an equalizer and pre-amp. Using this with my Boston Acoustics sound system in my truck makes me not want to get out. Looks good with a couple of skins and has a widget, tags and lyrics. Can't say enough good stuff about it. Not the best at downloading album art but no worse than Mixzing or Music Mod and if you already have the art you should be golden. Try it! This is a beta though but I honestly LOVE it and think it's the best out there right now.

Nice call with this...I downloaded it this morning and so far so good...always great to see new apps!!

Upvote 0
I uninstalled Winamp. For some reason in prevented access to my SD card after I ran it, even after turning it off.

There's a setting in Winamp to force Disk Drive mode anytime you plug the phone in. I was having this problem that every time I plugged my phone in it would switch to disk drive mode after a bit. Would make my SD card installed apps not work. Finally figured out it was Winamp doing that.

I still like MusicMod better. Winamp does have a desktop compontent and lock screen function that MusicMod doesn't but I don't use those much anyway.

I do like that I can switch between either app and not reset all the defaults for playlists and the like like I did with the stock app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones