• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What new 4G phone to get?

bryanw20

Dec 8, 2013
So looks like there are several low cost 4G phone options now.
I have an Awe on the $25 plan I'm contemplating on passing down to my kid, and getting a newer 4G for me. I have a $50 credit on another Vm plan I plan to use (so 3rd party stores like best buy are probably out).

I mainly FB, youtube, text, email & surf, don't really game/app much; but I would like to be able to hotspot once in a while (root if need be) for the rare occasion I need on my tablet or laptop.

On paper I like the new 510, Tribute, Vibe, & Volt

Any tips/reviews, advice etc on these, or other suggestions?

Of those get the Volt. My wife has that one and the battery life is incredible and it has been very reliable for her! Those are pretty much the things she uses it for. It is also Spark enabled which gives you incredible 4g speeds in the limited places that Spark is available so far (she has gotten the spark service when we were visiting LA, it is incredible).

The only thing I don't like about it is it is white, not sure if that's a problem for you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones