• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What new phone should I get this May

sonyboyj

Jun 28, 2012
Canada
So in November my 2 year contract is up.but my Bday is in may and I wanna get a new phone for myself. I have a Nexus 5 right now. What are some good phones that will be released by May. I'd like at least 5.5in screen A good camera (what phone has the best) and 32gb+ internal would be nice or a SD slot. I was thinking maybe the xperia z4? The Galaxy S phone aren't built very will from what I seen and heard so I don't think I want a samsung.

By May we expect the next flagships from HTC, Samsung and Sony to be released, possibly others. But as none of those devices have been released yet we don't know how they compare. Chances are that none of them will be 5.5" or larger though: there are rumours of a larger HTC, but most assume that will come a little later, the Z4 is assumed to be similar size to the Z3, and although there are rumours that the Galaxy S6 will be that size personally I doubt it as that would leave very little difference between that and the Note series. But whatever these turn out to be, you'll know before May.

At the end of the day the only way to tell which you want is to handle them for real yourself. Likewise for "best camera" look at as many pictures as you can taken by actual users, particularly where they are the sort of pictures you take yourself, because specifications do not tell you whether a camera is any good (a good 8MP camera is much better than a poor 20MP one, for example) and a camera can be good in some circumstances and poor in others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones