1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What new ROM can i try? Coming from CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Jun 3, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    Been on CM7 nightlies for what seems to be forever ... at one time i used to try other roms constantly! But once i tried cm7 i knew i was hooked, haven't changed since lol

So just wondering, whats new and interesting that can compete with the stability, functionality, useability, and slickness of CM7?

Cant say im itching for a new rom, just curious if im missing out on some total awesomeness by not trying others lol

let me know! Thanks

Advertisement

2. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    You pretty much still have the usual suspects; Sense, Sense(less), and AOSP.

Sense - Depends on how custom you want it. Liberation is stock Sense minus bloat. It's the fastest and most stable you will get (depending on your choice of kernel). Redemption is a bit more customized while SkyRaider 4 takes it to another level. There are various Sense 2.0/2.1 ROMs that have really evolved, some Gingerbread/Sense mixes (including a leak), and finally, some Sense 3.0 ROMs under development.

Sense(less) - Skyraider Athena is still king until someone removes Sense from the official Gingerbread update, whenever it gets released.

AOSP - CM7, IMO, is still king, unless you want MIUI as an alternate flavor.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I've kinda been out of the rom testing since I jumped ship from cm7(the screen redraw issues bothered the hell out of me) to skyraider 4.0 . But I haven't really heard of anything great yet, still waiting on the gingersense roms to take off or CM to be a little less buggy.

4. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    i dont have any issues at all with cm7, and im always flashing latest

is SR4 really that good? may have to give it a whirl!!

i hope rom devs still care about us when GB finally does drop :(

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You don't experience the redraw issue because you always flash the latest.(a reboot prevents it from happening.)

I've liked SR4 since I've had it, blends most of the features I liked about CM7 (4 sliding tab lock screen, notification bar toggles etc, plus some features of sense 2.0). It definitely is slower than CM7 and less battery life. But more importantly(for me) I don't have to reboot my phone daily or when I'm in the middle of something just so I can see the screen. I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot if you ever liked sense.

My next rom flash will probably be one of the ginger-sense roms, then maybe try out MIUI for a while again, then CM7. That's basically been my rotation since I rooted.

6. Hitch_Itch

Hitch_Itch Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    I am running one of the new ginger sense leaks, Carbonite Fusion G v1.0 ***2.3.3 leak base***

Everything works perfect, Great battery life and some wicked transition effects.
    This Rom is definitely worth trying out

Check it out here-http://forum.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/53827-rom-carbonite-fusion-g-v1-0-2-3-3-leak-base-updated-5-24-11-a.html

You could also try out the new sense 3.0, Kingdom Stock GingerSense 3.0 [Android 2.3.3] [RLS1.1] [6/5/11] Stable Release

They Just released the stable version today, It pretty cool, I have tried it
    check it out here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087421

Enjoy
    Hitch