1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What no call restrictions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shortride, Aug 10, 2012.

1. shortride

shortride Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat disappointed my new Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't have call restriction option like my Mesmerize does. I wonder why they didn't included it on the S3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

What do you mean by call restrictions? There are various free 3rd party apps in the play store that might accomplish what you are looking for.

3. shortride

My Mesmerize had an option to restrict incoming or outgoing calls. If I didn't want anyone to call me that wasn't in my contact list then I had that option.

4. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

There is call rejection. Is that what you mean ?

5. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Call rejection for those interested : Phone icon > Menu Button > Call Settings > Call Rejection

6. shortride

My Samsung Mesmerize had an option to allow incoming calls from contact list only or all incoming calls. My Samsung Galaxy S3 does not have that option. If I selected, "ALLOW CALLS FROM CONTACTS (only), my phone would not ring at all. I have no way of restricting and calls now.

7. Thomas H

Thomas H Lurker

I'm not as popular as you are, so I don't need that feature lol. But Call rejections seems to be the same idea, right?

8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Not quite. You can only restrict "unknown" or numbers you explicitly restrict.

You cant restrict "everyone except contacts"

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews