• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What partitions can I erase?

LacWare

Jun 16, 2012
Just rooted and installed CWM. I see a lot of warnings on not factory resetting. Is this an issue with how the recovery factory resets? or is it the data being erased? Can I manually format the data partition? What about other partitions? If not what is the best method for removing old data before flashing a new rom? Thanks in advance.

Just rooted and installed CWM. I see a lot of warnings on not factory resetting. Is this an issue with how the recovery factory resets? or is it the data being erased? Can I manually format the data partition? What about other partitions? If not what is the best method for removing old data before flashing a new rom? Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this refers to doing a factory reset from within Android, not CWM. That is, if you have a rooted stock setup with the stock ROM and want to load a new ROM, wipe everything from CWM, NOT Android.

This is the same problem that was told many times over the years to Optimus V users, an earlier model phone that is related to your Optimus Slider.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones