• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phone did you come from? Favorite Company?

I'm been realizing there are quite a few people who came from the Omnia to the DINC. At the time I thought I screwed up getting the Omnia (since it was abandoned so quickly by Verizon)

So I ask you guys, what phone did you come from? Whats been your favorite phone maker? Favorite phone to date?

Last Phone: Samsung Omnia

Favorite Maker: Always thought LG made solid phones and from my very first phone all the way to the Omnia were LGs (except for the Samsung Alias...which sucked)

Favorite Phone: Obviously the DINC now, but before this I LOVED my LG VX8300 (http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/3/P11209155.jpg)

Last Phone: HTC XV6900 (Windows Mobile)

Favorite Maker: HTC at this point, though I too think LG makes solid phones. (My son really likes his Chocolate Touch and my wife still uses a VX8360.)

Favorite Phone: The Incredible one I have right now. Before that I would say my WinMo phone. It had problems, but it was my first phone with e-mail and data and good games.

Upvote 0
I have had about every phone out there... but mainly I stuck with Blackberrys. I was a HUGE blackberry fanboy too... or should I say fangirl lol. But Android has changed that forever.

Favorite Phone: Currently HTC Incredible, minus all my problems with it. Soon I'll have the X though.

Favorite Maker: I love Apple products, but I hate AT&T.

Favorite Company: Verizon of course.

Favorite OS: Android!

Upvote 0
I'm been realizing there are quite a few people who came from the Omnia to the DINC.

I noticed that lots of people had Omnia too... I thought I was the only one that made that bad decision...

On topic I came from Pre Plus, before that I was a 6+ year BB user... I was so pleased when I opened the internet browser on Incredible.. I will never go back to BB.. Anyone thats had a BB will know exactly what I am talking about... I am really liking Incredible so far.. probably the only phone I feel like I can stick with for a while since my Moto MPX200.

Upvote 0
I came from 2 horrible years of the LG Dare, which I thought was a good phone for about 2 months, lol. The touchscreen was horrible and everything else about it wasn't too great either, never dropped a call though. Other than the Dinc, my favorite phone ever was the LG VX8300, that phone was awesome, never had a smart phone before though, until the Dinc. VZW > ATT, Sprint

Upvote 0
I'm coming from a Samsung Omnia i910 on Verizon, Custom Adyranlyne ROM that worked great :)

Loved my Omnia, in a way miss a lot of its features, but hoping some devs can import some of those, like:

1) Camera stabilization that actually works
2) 2 stage camera button using the track pad (push/release)
3) App that allows 360 rotation on all apps that allow rotation.
4) Decent Panoramic camera app (like the Omnia on-screen Stitching)
5) Decent burst mode that works well and can choose how many shots it takes and time in between shots.

Other than missing features like that which to me seem simple, (i'm not a dev) I absolutely love my Incredible :)

Hopefully some talented devs will pick up on these ideas :)

Upvote 0
Cingular: Motorola flip (analog! but best range of any of my phones) -> Sony Ericsson something-or-other (the "silver sperm") ->

Verizon: Moto e815 (best pure phone I ever had) -> LG vx8100 -> Pantech PN820 (still have it) -> Samsung i910 Omnia (still have it) -> HTC Incredible

The Inc is the best all-around communication device I've ever owned.

Upvote 0
I bought the Audiovox 5600 in 2004 when it came out (think that's right). Dropped the data plan pretty quickly as it was just ridiculously slow for the price. Was the king in its day though, and had tons of programs for getting movies on etc. Heh, I remember: the first thing I did was buy a 1gb mini-sd card. $100.

I've held off on reentering the smartphone game since then. I'm very tech oriented and interested, but I'm not rich. The Droid Incredible got me interested in S-phones again so I did some research, but the cost was too high ($400 security deposit cause of my credit report), and my more mature half won over my tech-excited half and stuck to my family's att plan. Someone suggested the Aria but I knew nothing about it. I went in to check out the iphone and was completely underwhelmed.

Whelp, I'm on the Aria now and am pretty happy. Not feeling anywhere near as remorseful as I thought I would. Only the camera really disappoints me, and that was a big factor for me, but it's good enough for sharing pics and I can get a dedicated camera that kicks fine ass for what Verizon wanted me to dish out for a security deposit.

Upvote 0
I previously owned a Samsung Omnia i910...can't remember which custom rom I wuz rockin' though. Wuz quite boring phone before I took the plunge and flashed my 1st custom rom. VERY happy to say goodbye to WinMo...good riddance.

My hope for my Dinc?...that the root process and flashing of custom roms becomes as "idiot proof" as flashing the Omnia. The present methods are way too complicated for me.

My Dinc has replaced my Moto StarTAC as my favorite/memorable cellphone!!!

Been with Verizon for close to 15 years now and plan to be customer for life!!!

Upvote 0
LG Versa--with the brown grained plastic case easily the UGLIEST phone ever. Most of the time I kept the case off, but the virtual kb sucked. Don't know why that phone exists since the EnV Touch came out a few months later; barely thicker than the Versa without the case and way better looking.

The Inc virtual kb has been great; that was my only fear.

I could go all the way back to an Audiovox on Cellular One around 1992 that was pretty small for it's day; it fit in my front pocket and had a detachable battery that swapped with a car power cord. Audiovox even made a thinner model, but I think it was like $600.

Upvote 0
Had whatever free phones they offered until I got a Motorola Q, then we went on to Blackberry Curves, and now she has Eris and I have incredible.

Each phone I thought was the greatest thing ever. By the time I upgraded, I almost hated my phone.

There is a ton about motorola I dont like, very little about RIM I didnt like, but HTC is now my favorite. Even the Eris is a nice device.

Upvote 0
I came from a long line of HTC WinMo phones (I was with Alltel until being assimilated by the big V), the most recent being the Touch Pro. And honestly I'd probably still have it, as it was everything I needed it to be, if Verizon hadn't offered us Alltel refugees the opportunity to do an immediate upgrade to a Verizon phone (while keeping our Alltel plan) as they are trying to get all the old Alltel phones off their system (understandably, for support reasons).

Before that? In reverse order, the HTC PPC-6800, PPC-6700, and before that it took two devices combined to make up my "smartphone", connected with a custom cable: my Palm Tungsten C (still the best pure PDA ever made) and my Motorola v60i (still the best phone I've ever had, it worked EVERYWHERE!). Before that, whatever was being given away as part of a promotion, going way back to the old Moto MicroTAC 650.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones