• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what phone did you come from?

History over 11 years (I mostly only changed phones at contract renewal time).

First the dumbphones:
Motorola MicroTAC 650 (big black "flip" phone) originally with CenturyTel, then bought by Alltel
Nokia 5165 (freebie from US Cellular)
Motorola v60i (back to Alltel. I still think this is the best pure PHONE I've ever had from a reliability/signal/call quality standpoint).

While I had the v60i, I also had first a Handspring Treo 90 PDA, then a Palm Tungsten C PDA (best pure PDA ever). I used a data cable to connect them to my v60i to create a "two-piece" smartphone at blistering 1x speeds.

Then, I moved to the smartphone world:
HTC PPC-6700 (Alltel, quirky at best, better with custom ROM)
HTC PPC-6800 (Alltel, I custom ROMed the crap out of this one)
HTC Touch Pro (Alltel, kept stock ROM)

And now the Incredible. And so far it's living up to its name.

Upvote 0
I called it my brick......Palm Treo 650 without a data plan. My Inc is just amazing and has changed my business life, and made my commute so much fun. If I miss another business meeting it's because I didn't really want to go.

I didnt think I was going to find anyone with a similar phone to mine, I had a Palm Treo 700p from Alltel. Brick of a phone.. dont miss it one bit. :D

Upvote 0
I am coming from a long line of samsung pda phones. I started with the I730 which was probably my favorite because of all the features it had. Then I moved to the I760, I like the number pad on the front with a slider keyboard. My latest phone is the Samson Saga (I770). All of those phones were running win mobile. Not bad, but they were all so slowwwww. I am super excited for the incredible. I played with my sisters Eris, and the Incredible in the store. Both of which are very promising. Also having a good developed community is nice too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones