1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what phone(s) could i purchase to have programmed to run as Boost?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Droid7, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Droid7

Droid7 Newbie

I want to know what phones I could purchase and have unlocked n programmed to run on Boost service? And if anyone knows of where I could go n get that done..thank u

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Probably a GSM phone so something tmobile or AT&T (edit: mea culpa, they are CDMA, not sure why I thought they were GSM)

I would call them if I were you though and ask what are the compatible 3G Android phones. Or at least find out the spectrum they use for 3G/2G/etc.

This way you can be 100% sure that you get the right device.

hth :)

3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Boost is owned by sprint, they use CDMA and iDEN.

Seeing as they are owned by sprint you may be able to get a sprint phone flashed over to them or a VZW phone but that is less likely.

alostpacket and Droid7 like this.
  4. Droid7

Droid7 Newbie

This is to Yeahha..so if I'm understanding correctly, as long as the phone runs on CDMA or iDEN I should be good to go?

5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

No. It's not a simple process. But I've seen somewhere on the interwebz where people made it so a Droid X from Verizon could be used on Boost or Cricket. But it's a very technical process using CDMA workshop and you have a chance of bricking the phone and running into a lot of problems.

But yes, in theory, you should be able to take a phone from Sprint or Verizon and make it work with Boost. But again, it is risky and there's a lot of technical information you have to read over. I don't think any carrier will do this for you. But you can always ask Boost's customer service.

Droid7 likes this.
  6. Droid7

Droid7 Newbie

I most definitely understand it is a process and a half. I wouldn't be doing it myself. That's the second part of my thread, does anyone know where or who to take it to?