• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phone to choose for new contract

Hello,

This is my first ever post and thought I'd seek guidance from you experts. The problem I'm facing is that I'm due an upgrade on my phone but don't know what to choose. I have been very excited like others about the up and coming release of the new note 4 but I've been a little turned away by the hefty price tag that it carries. So I looked for alternatives like the htc one max, up and coming nexus 6, lg G3 and even possible considered the s5. But what turned me away from all these is that you get the s pen with the note which I think is abit of a deal breaker. The cheaper alternative that I'm almost positive on doing very soon is getting the note 3 on a deal because they are very cheap at the moment with the note 4 being released, there are plenty of really great deals online for the note 3 and many have unlimited internet which is important to me. Just wondering if anybody can give me advice as to how future proof the note 3 is?(as I'll be in a 2 year contract) and what would you do in my shoes, get the more expensive note 4 on a contract not suitable for me ie adjust allowances to make cheaper! Or get note 3 with ideal mobile allowances suitable for me?

I'm currently regrettably on a iphone 5 but have had andriod phones in the past.

I'm not interested in anything Apple has to offer and want to break free from the other isheep so please don't suggest iphone 6 plus

Thanks guys

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones