1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

what phone to get?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Soapy_Junk, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Soapy_Junk

Soapy_Junk Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    ive done endless searching and reading on the internet and on the forums.. wanted to get some opinoins..

Currently i have an iphone..nice.. but miss my android.. so looking to switch back.. my friend just got the nexus S on ATT.. wish verizon would get that phone..

what Verizon phone would be closest to the Nexus S.. i don't want a keyboard.. and don't need 4g... would like a front camera.. needs to have good battery life..

i was looking at the X2.. i know the Bionic is coming out.. but thinking it will be a battery hog.. i played with the Atrix which is similar to the bionic and compared to the nexus its slow..

i know verizon won't put out any Vanilla phones.. but i am not apposed to rooting / rom...

so.. what phones are either out or coming out this fall to give the nexus some compitation.

Advertisement

2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Honestly, I'd hold off for the Bionic or the Samsung Galaxy II if you need a dual core phone. Both are supposed to have decent battery life in addition to top performance and something coming out soon. Both look to be major steps up from the Atrix you played with. Just look around at the reviews on them and them to see what I mean.

3. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    Saylorsburg, PA