• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What pre-installed "bloatware" should I delete?

You don't need to be rooted to un-install any of those apps. Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Apps. From there you can select an app and it will give you the option of removing it.

You can do without Blockbuster, ATT Navigator, Family Map and Vlingo.

None of the apps listed there are vital to the phone. Just make sure you stay on the first tab which says 'Downloaded'.

Upvote 0
You don't need to be rooted to un-install any of those apps. Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Apps. From there you can select an app and it will give you the option of removing it.

None of the apps listed there are vital to the phone. Just make sure you stay on the first tab which says 'Downloaded'.

it worked for me.

Upvote 0

Vlingo isn't in the "Downloaded" tab. Can I still uninstall it?

Upvote 0

I wish I could uninstall Vlingo, but my Atrix won't let me. I attached a screenshot as proof.

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones