1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What prompted you to preorder/buy Galaxy S6?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ankocas, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ankocas

ankocas Lurker

What prompted you to preorder/buy Galaxy S6? My reason is simply its performance section.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Personally I would never pre-order a phone. I have to see and handle it for real before committing, no matter what the specs or reviews. I've also seen enough phones that benchmark well but are less than impressive in use that I don't really pay any attention to that - real users' experiences here are of more value to me than benchmarks.

So if I buy one it will be because I played with it and decided I liked it. :)

#2 Hadron, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    ironass likes this.
  3. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Android Enthusiast

Totally agree

4. Hightech

Hightech Well-Known Member

Best Buy has them out to play with.....Time to upgrade the S-3.
    My wife has the note 4..and the battery life is great....just too big for me.

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Yup, played with an S6 (and Edge) at the local Best Buy and it was enough to sway me. Granted the software experience wasn't prime, but given the setting of a phone that's been loaded up with lord knows what by other shoppers, I'll grant them that. Pre-ordered a white 64Gb S6 from Verizon. Hopefully it'll be here Friday.

I spoke with the Samsung lady at BB and she knew nothing about the green variant coming to the US (and Verizon in particular), so I wasn't willing to wait out for that.

6. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

I just want the newest, and what i feel is going to be "THE" device of the year. I do love the look of the S6, although I'd prefer the S6 Edge, i don't believe that Lifeproof or OtterBox will make a waterproof case for the S6 Edge. So.... lack of a suitable case is why i went to the S6.

7. sopio

sopio Member

I was still using the s3 (still a good phone though). It was time I got a new one anyway. I love it. Preordered it and got it Monday. Fast. And the battery lasts for the whole day (for now). Still getting used to not having a menu button

8. tankerzuke

tankerzuke Lurker

Was sick of Apple and their need to not play well with others and "Hey you can only use our store to upload and get stuff" attitude! Liked the functionality hated Apple!

excav8ter likes this.
  9. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS Newbie

My first real smartphone, and I wanted the best phone to date so that I don't have to upgrade for awhile.

excav8ter likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews