• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What retailer will you be buying your Evo 3D from?

Is this for B&M stores? Sprint has always charged me tax on the full price on all phones ordered online or via CS.

This tax issue might be different from state to state. I am in georgia and my sales tax has always been on the actual purchase price versus california for example, I heard they charge you sales tax on the full retail price of the phone even though the actual purchase price was a lot less.

Upvote 0
This tax issue might be different from state to state. I am in georgia and my sales tax has always been on the actual purchase price versus california for example, I heard they charge you sales tax on the full retail price of the phone even though the actual purchase price was a lot less.
Yeah I'm in GA too and my jaw dropped when he said they charge tax on the retail price.

Upvote 0
So does Wirefly open the box and take everything out but the phone/battery? That seems a bit shady...

I got one of our Evo 4G's from wirefly and it was the same exact retail box that I got from Sprint for my Evo 4G. I honestly think they have no inventory and basically place orders with the carriers for the hardware and it's shipped directly to the customer. I think they make their money on the contracts. All a guess of mine though.

Upvote 0
Is this for B&M stores? Sprint has always charged me tax on the full price on all phones ordered online or via CS.

What is B&M? All I know is I am from California and this was what a Sprint Representative told me in person at a Sprint Corporate Store.

When I found this out I was shocked.

Yeah I'm in GA too and my jaw dropped when he said they charge tax on the retail price.

same thing happened to me.

So does Wirefly open the box and take everything out but the phone/battery? That seems a bit shady...

Exactly, thats why I am having doubts about ordering from them. I don't want them opening the box for anything. If I paid for a new phone I want it to be factory sealed.

Upvote 0

Just do a google search for Wirefly "No charger" and you'll see NOBODY has complained about this happening. You will get a full retail box just like Sprint would give you. With a charger and instruction manual.

It is obvious the CSR the person spoke to did not know what they were talking about.

Upvote 0
What is B&M? All I know is I am from California and this was what a Sprint Representative told me in person at a Sprint Corporate Store.

When I found this out I was shocked.

same thing happened to me.

Exactly, thats why I am having doubts about ordering from them. I don't want them opening the box for anything. If I paid for a new phone I want it to be factory sealed.

B&M = brick and mortar - meaning a physical store you can walk into.

Reactions: fishnugget
Upvote 0
Just do a google search for Wirefly "No charger" and you'll see NOBODY has complained about this happening. You will get a full retail box just like Sprint would give you. With a charger and instruction manual.

It is obvious the CSR the person spoke to did not know what they were talking about.

RedWingsFan,

Search the Evo 4g on Wirefly and click at "Whats in the box", and they include all the accessories. As of now it reads that Wirefly will not include the oem charger and other accessories.

Someone with credibility needs to clear this up because it looking like the EVO 3D might not come with the usb cable, charger, and even the sd card? I hope thats not true, then again they might need to update the webpage....ahhhh freakn out...j/k :)

Upvote 0
RedWingsFan,

Search the Evo 4g on Wirefly and click at "Whats in the box", and they include all the accessories. As of now it reads that Wirefly will not include the oem charger and other accessories.

Someone with credibility needs to clear this up because it looking like the EVO 3D might not come with the usb cable, charger, and even the sd card? I hope thats not true, then again they might need to update the webpage....ahhhh freakn out...j/k :)

If it doesn't include the SD card, then I don't think the $20 you save is worth it.

Upvote 0

I'm in CA as well and I've been charged tax on the full retail price and not the actual discounted price on all of my Sprint phones but I've always purchased them online or via a CSR so if buying them from a Sprint corporate store saves on taxes, it might be worth checking out.

Can anyone else verify that buying from a Sprint corporate store will save on taxes?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
So, sales tax:

I just went to both Wirefly and BestBuy.com and started punching in for a new contract. With Wirefly I selected the Evo 3D. If I ordered it, I would have had to pay $10 in taxes for a $200 ish purchase.

With BestBuy.com, I selected the iPhone 4, because it's $199. After being shocked on how much data costs at AT&T, I pushed forward and got to the checkout. Punched in my zip code and would be charged $12 in taxes.

So taxes, at least in Maryland, go off of what you actually pay. Perhaps if it was a MIR, you would be taxed more. But this may only be a MD thing. When trading in my Colorado for a Camaro, I only paid sales tax on the difference between the two vehicles. Which was nice.

Edit: Oh, btw...in the specifications for Wirefly, it does have a "What's in the box" option and it definitely only says the battery.

Upvote 0
Getting mine through sprint. My sales rep, said that it ships to sprint on the 24th, and i would be receiving it at the latest on Tuesday the 28th.

I have waited almost 2 years to get in on the android fun, i think i can wait 3 or 4 days after the launch day to get mine. :)

Monday/Tuesday works better anyway since i am off of work both of those days. (they are my saturday and sunday)

It will give me a chance to play with the phone and not be distracted at work.

Upvote 0
I never asked my Sprint rep about sales tax. the price she quoted me was anywhere from 179.99 - 249.99. She said that it will most likely be right around 199.99.

But that being said i never heard a word about sales tax.

They would never said anything about tax if you dont ask..
in my case when i pre ordered mine at BB i asked the guy who took my pre order in may 2nd :D (i know may 2nd).. i asked him about the price he said that they dont know yet and about the release date also the same answer and i asked him about tax and said that all the sales have taxes in BB, and today when i pre ordered at sprint store i asked about the price and they said that $199.99 plus tax and that was it and the activation is charged in your first bill after the sign of new contract.. and well im in Los Angeles im used to taxes anyway lol..

Upvote 0
was gonna buy this phone but see that its not that big savings to buy with a contract versus no contract.

Amazon.com: HTC EVO 3D 4G Android Phone (Sprint)

i have never bought a phone without a contract.

is there any downside other than the higher upfront cost? will i still get the same warranty?

thnkas.

There are no downsides at all, you just pay more for not signing a contract.

Upvote 0
How do you know they will price match Amazon? I would like to walk into Best Buy with something that quotes this policy.

i bought the nexus s from BB for 199.99 and when amazon was selling for $99 i went back into bestbuy and they made the price match for me

even though when i called BB they said they do not match online website sales ... it seemed to be a different story when i walked into BB saying that i wanted to exchange phone to purchase for cheaper elsewhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones