1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What ringer do you use at night?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rez90, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Rez90

Rez90 Newbie

When i had my blackberry it had a function that was called "Phone Only". This would disable all ringers except for the phone. It was ideal at night time.

When you guys sleep how do you set your ringer. I want people to still be able to call me but having my phone vibrate all night for texts/emails is so freaking annoying.

Is there a way to program the Inc so only the phone ringer is active?

Thanks.

2. contagous

contagous Android Expert

This would be handy :)

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

4. Lyons1747

Lyons1747 Newbie

thirtyfour41 likes this.
  5. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Android Enthusiast

Quick Profiles is the app that I have found to be the closest thing to how profiles worked on BlackBerries.

6. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

Foxyring.

amazing program. you can set your phone to "sleep" shutting the ringer up when you are asleep.

7. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

There is a beta for an app called Tasker. It is similar to Locale and Setting Profiles but is much, much better. I suggest you try it out. The download link is in their forums.

Tasker for Android

8. weizilla

weizilla Newbie

Sound Manager. Free and open source

9. amarryat

amarryat Android Enthusiast

I did the same thing. A very low volume ringer for the phone, everything else was silent. I have gotten used to making everything silent, and not worrying about an emergency phone call.

10. jaybeth421

jaybeth421 Newbie

+1
    This is what I use. Works great and has time schedules for automatic volume setting

11. izzy35

izzy35 Android Enthusiast

I posted looking for this EXACT thing a few days back and got ZERO comments...GLAD u got some feedback bc us blackberry users miss those small things since switching! Did you decide on one yet??

12. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I bought this one it works well. I just wish it could turn the 3G mobile network on/off with the time profiles as well.

13. izzy35

Question, with either "Settings Profile" or "Profile" applications, is it possible to separate notifications from email and text messages? Meaning I would like "sms" to be audible but not email....but all of these profile apps seem to bulk notifications together..

Also, when using any of these applications, why does it set the "stock" profile app back to default. Meaning, if I set a profile from one of the applications and then press the "volume rocker," all profile settings go back to factory settings, NOT what I had set them to prior to using a 3rd party application.

any help is appreciated.

14. Excedio

Excedio Android Enthusiast

Nice to see that this can be done. Do any of these apps have a Widget that can be placed on one of my home screens? It would be nice for a sort of "Quick Toggle"

15. izzy35

16. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Android Enthusiast

this app is great! good call, man. thanks a lot!

17. izzy35

Just downloaded it. It is like all the rest, doesn't separate "email" notification from "sms" notification. It bulks them all together. :-(

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews