1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What ROM has the most reliable GPS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrryanthai, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Android Enthusiast

Hello all,I'm on ChamOS and the GPS doesn't seem to work at all.Looking for a ROM with a reliable gps

2. ortrigger

ortrigger Android Expert

If you want reliable then stock is what you want. Cyanogenmod is pretty reliable also.

3. Nokoko

Nokoko Android Enthusiast

Should work fine on all of them, been a while since I tried ChamOS, but I know it works fine on AOKP, CM, and Eclipse.

4. mrryanthai

Yeah ChamOS isn't working at all right now.it gets my location but never finds my destination.Imma try Beanstalk again probably

5. Yoinx

Yoinx Android Expert

If it gets your location... but not your destination... that has nothing to do with GPS....

GPS gives a position.. It doesnt give a damn where you're going

legmando33 likes this.
  6. mrryanthai

How does it work then?Please explain

7. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

It sounds to me like you are having issues with whatever navigation app you are using. If it is identifying your current location then gps is working. The navigation app is responsible for taking that and calculating a route to your destination that you identified. Not being able to locate the destination or not being able to calculate a route is the navigation app. On that note, I've heard quite a few complaints about the latest google maps update.

8. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Android Enthusiast

Are you saying that it gets where you are starting but it doesn't track you when you are on the road and it cant find you when you reach your final stop?

If so, that could just be an issue of it NOT using the GPS hardware and using cell phone towers to triangulate where you are and that can give you sketchy results. Make sure your GPS hardware is on and then try.

Rich

9. mrryanthai

Yeah I use Google maps,it seems to be working now,I'm on CM 10.1 now though and it seems to work.It didn't even find my location when I was on ChamOS.

10. Yoinx

Yoinx Android Expert

Like sosaudio1 was saying...

Google Maps will try and find/use whatever location it can. Be that GPS, Cell Triangulation, Wifi location, etc.

Use an app like GPS Test or similar in order to see what satellites you're tracking and how many you can see. If you're seeing less than like 10+ you're either in a concrete building... or have a GPS issue. You need at least 3 satellites for a position.

The way navigation works... is it takes your position and keeps updating your current position within whatever app you're using. The app itself is using that position to try and navigate you to your destination.

11. LillieBennett

LillieBennett Well-Known Member

Definitely try something like Faster GPS from the Play Store. You need to run it each time you change/update your ROM.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews