• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM's would you like to see available for your device?

Yeah seems like there us little interest in this phone....i love this phone and having ics but i might break this phone and use my credit to go back ti the ultra...i love toying with my phones and lack of a good cwm etc majes me nervous to toy with this one.

i said forget it and got a galaxy nexus and i dont think ima even pick this rush up accept to sell it....

Upvote 0
Hey guys new to the forums, but I found that this thread is pretty active so i'd contribute. Thanks to Shabby i rooted my rush :rock: but I can't seem to find any custom rom's. I would love to see CM10 ported over. Does anyone know if flashing the Miui 3.1.18 would mess my phone up? Just wanted to check with the experts before doing anything potential. ;) Thanks :D

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm kinda surprised more Dev's from the Prevail community didn't upgrade to the Rush, though there is already ROMs for the ZTE Warp Zequent already. I'm just grateful to have root though!!!

But this gives me an opportunity to not just be lazy and finally learn to do some basic custimazation in the source code. I finally got working builds, from the Samsung source and (correct) android-4.0.4 version building from source platform. I'll be playing around with editing the CPU-frequency tables in the kernel and go from there. In a few day's I'm hoping Shabby, LordVincet and others will help give me some adivce once I get a stable stock build from source that I feel is possibly safe to flash.. They are always helpful though lol.

I know some basic C++ and Python plus some scripting (just very basic but it helps a lot as I'm sure the Dev's already know). So yeah, I am not promising anything or any time soon but just fyi I guess..

Reactions: Tesla5
Upvote 0
I'm thinking of upgrading to the rush from the prevail. I lost my prevail and can't find it, so I need a new phone. I found a $30 off promo code so this will most likely be the one (RUSH1CJ40 is the code, use it on boost webpage, valid till 1/31). I ran CWM9 (i believe 9 at least), CTMod 3.75.2 and koumakernal and loved it. I see theres a way to root, but do you think there will ever be the addition of CWM, Roms or kernals? I'm was kinda shocked to not find anything yet. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Have you order the phone yet? I think you can get an even better deal from Amazon.. I think $90.

We do have CWM

Edit: NM.. must have been a holiday special.. now back up to $129

Yeah I looked on Amazon before. The best I found was a promo code for Boost, and $5 next day shipping, totally $105 so far. I'm probably going to end up getting it, the reviews I have read are fairly positive. The only things that I will absolutely miss from the CTMod rom on my Prevail is the Koumakernal for straight to sd control, The Power Control display on the top of the notification when you slide it down, and the reboot options under the power off screen. Is there anything of the sort I would be able to get for this phone? I wouldn't mind having to use a homepage power control widget, but the notification bar just came in such handy for quick on/off for my wifi. The reboot options were key also. Another question I'd have is, how about tethering on this device? I got tethering to work on my Prevail a couple times, but it was never consistent. Is there any good tethering on this Rush? I read one post saying theres native tethering, but have found no other information.

Sorry about the length, just always good to ask a few questions before purchasing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones