1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What section 8 tenant can do to a house

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by BigCiX, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Choose compassion over cruelty
    VIP Member

OMG. :eek:

Just wanted to note that while THIS particular house was trashed by section 8 tenants, non-section 8 tenants trash houses, too.

ElasticNinja likes this.
  3. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

See, i would hurt someone over something like that....... she couldn't afford $53 dollors a month :mad:

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Yeah..I'll be doing some time over something like that!

6. Wow, $53 a month. They could of recycled cans of soda, that they could of bought with welfare. It's not hard to come up with that. Some people are slobs damn!

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

This is an excellent point. The stress of a weak housing market has caused heartache for homeowners, renters, and landlords across the country.

8. OutofDate1980

OutofDate1980 Android Expert

Yeah, note the video mentioned mortgage fraud brought on by the banks. The upfront fees to the bank were so profitable and they would just package them and sell packaged mortgages to unwitting victims, i.e. pension funds, etc.

The incentives for fraud were built into CDO swaps and SCDO, which is how Goldman Sachs and Paulson made a billion plus on one deal alone.

The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (FCIC) said as much in its February 2011 report to Congress. According to the FCIC, the

9. copestag

copestag Android Expert

and this is the problem EXACTLY with what people think

had typed out a lengthy answer to why idiocy is the true problem....... but I decided not to let the nazis edit it

if you are curious please feel free to PM

10. OutofDate1980

OutofDate1980 Android Expert

The lenders were not on the hook, they received fees upfront and Wall Street packaged the mortgages and sold them then bet against them. A great deal of incentive to take anybody with a heartbeat or not to be approved for a loan. Once criminals realized the scam, guess what it became a business model, just as long as those fees keep on coming and the CDO could be sold.

It of course drove up the price for home ownership, as the demand was manipulated.

11. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Why didn't the owner/landlord do a monthly check on the house? No matter if it was a Section 8 or not, the owner/landlord should have done some type of check on the house to make sure it stay up to par! I know I would if I was renting property.

12. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

Jesus, look at the comments. Lovely people out there eh?

Anyway, subsidised accommodation is generally necessary in order to ensure decent housing provision for all.

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

I can't see the video (work blocks Youtube) but as a former Section 8 tenant in the Austin area, I can tell you not everyone trashes where they live(d). The complex I lived in for 9 years was a mix of "regular" and Section 8. The "regular" people were just as bad as the few (very few) bad Section 8ers.

/Carry on