1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What service do you use? Particularly interested in MetroPCS vs Cricket.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sanzenbacher, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Sanzenbacher

Sanzenbacher Newbie

Hello all. I've been browsing the boards for awhile, but have only recently started posting. The community always seems to be of help, whether it's with questions, reviews, or just chatting. :eating:

Anyway, I currently have a Huawei Ascend II, and am under contract with US Cellular, and it's just too expensive. Once it ends, I'll be switching for sure. (I know i would need to flash to My main two interests are MetroPCS or Cricket.

I'm thinking of one of these two plans:
    http://www.metropcs.com/metro/detail/per+month+4G+LTE+with+Rhapsody/4GALL60

Which would be nice. Talk, Text, 3g, and it has 5GB, but it doesn't cost extra if you go over, it just slows it down (so it says). The music stuff seems, nice, too.

Or:
    Cell Phone Plans | Compare Cell Phone Plans | Cricket Wireless

One of those. But I'm confused as if it is actually unlimited 3g. And the fact that you have to pay for Google services...does that mean if Iwent with the 40 dollar one, I couldn't use Youtube and such, or could I still do so from the browser.

Hmm...in retrospect the $55 one seems the way to go.

Anyway, any thoughts, insight, advice is always welcome.

Thank you very much.
    :captain::dancing2:
    (these emotes are unintentionally funny!)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

On Cricket if you have an Android you have to have the Android plan which is $60-$65. I was with Cricket for years, and I loved them. The customer service kinda sucks, but the plan was so cheap I didn't care, and coverage was decent. The Android plan is unlimited everything, but they slow your data down after 1 gig....

3. Sanzenbacher

Sanzenbacher Newbie

How noticeable is the slow down?

Thanks for your response, btw.

4. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

I honestly never noticed if I was slowed down or not, but I may have not gone over because I never checked how uch data I was using.

5. gueydejalisco

gueydejalisco Member

i woulf go with metropcs in my opinion there better and also have a wider variety of phones to chose from and they dont feel like cheap prepaid phones. and sens yu would want the unlimited music thingy metro offers im not to sure if you would have to buy one of there phones or not but sense yu wanna flash your phone over every above statment dosent matter lol. just what i think:D

6. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

Are you sold on a CDMA prepaid? There are always GSM prepaid carriers such as H20, Simple Mobile, etc and you can just buy a phone on craigslist or ebay. You'll get faster 3G and the flexibility of a SIM card, plus you don't have to deal with that flashing BS.

7. rodawg71

rodawg71 Member

I'm w/Cricket...I've got the Huawei Mercury which is their best android phone as of now. Haven't experienced the "throttle back/exceeded 1 gig" deal. (WiFi a ton)
    You do have to sign up for the android plan ($65)... Good speeds w/3G and the coverage is on par.
    For warned, Customer service is less than desirable... YMMV.