1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What should I do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LGRain, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LGRain

LGRain Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    im an android noob, i have the ally, used superoneclick to root my phone, ever since the new update came out for verizon about a month ago ive had nothing but problems, for one i couldnt update it because phone was rooted. i tried to unroot and update still wasnt working. searched online on how to flash back to ally firmware. wasnt finding anytihng credible now im just frustrated cause it wont re root or update. my phone goes crazy while docked (screen keeps going back and forth from verticle and horizontal). would like to know if i should just go back to factory firmware and how? or should i use another easy root like superoneclick or is it easy to flash to a custom rom like velocity i heard is great. any advice or links would be appreciated. thanks.

please keep in mind i still have update notice but it just locks up every time.

Advertisement

2. DoctorZaius68

DoctorZaius68 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    New Jersey
    Did you flash a custom recovery? If you have a custom recovery you need to flash the stock recovery in order to recieve the update.

3. cr5315

cr5315 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Narnia
    LGRain, later today I will be able to help you flash back to stock recovery and rom. From there I can flash a custom recovery and rom if you want to be re-rooted. Hit the IRC link in my sig when you're ready to start.

Tags: