1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What should I not delete from Misc. file?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    in specific I want to know if the PhotoEditor Misc file is anything important. and if theres any others that I absolutely shouldn't delete.

I realize I shouldn't delete ones for apps I value a lot but they don't take up nearly the amount of space the PhotoEditor misc file takes up, and my misc. files take up the most space on my phone.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Misc file or misc folder? The misc folder contains pictures that can't be classified as being camera shots, etc. It's probably big because it has a lot of pictures in it. You probably want them or you wouldn't have them.

If you prefer, create folders for the subjects you want to classify your pictures in, then drag them from misc to the folders they go in. (I have a few wallpapers in a wallpaper folder, car mounts for phones in a mounts folder, etc.) The files will take up the same amount of space, but it'll be eadier to find what you're looking for.

Or copy all the pictures you don't need on the phone at all times to your computer and delete them from the phone. I take pictures of receipts for higher priced items (like the phone itself), but I keep them on my computer and in the cloud, not on the phone.

3. bitsy

bitsy Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Miscellaneous File. I'm cleaning out the storage space to see if its the reason for my freezing issue.