1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What size/brand SD card recommended for HTC One V?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vintagemom65, Dec 28, 2012.

1. vintagemom65

vintagemom65 Lurker

Wondering what would be recommended for a new HTC One V phone? It's all very confusing and looking at the HTC site doesn't help much. :)
    Not sure of class and/or size.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

Depends on how much space you need...I have a SanDisk 64G micro SDXC in my phone and it works flawlessly. It arrived pre-formatted for NTFS--I had to reformat it in the phone before it started working. Got it for ~$60 from newegg.

3. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

I have ordered an HTC One V to upgrade from my Optimus V. Would I be able to transfer the microSD card from the V to the HTC phone? Do they use the same size card?

4. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

5. nannycrick

nannycrick Well-Known Member

I've had this same SD card in three very different phones, my old LG OV, my Motorola Triumph, and my One V. No problems transfering my card between. You may want to make a "final archive" backup in your computer, before the change over. You never know when an old download may come in handy. Although there are bound to be some files that aren't needed from one to the next, but your "archived" backup can bring back anything you need.

6. ItsameScott

ItsameScott Newbie

I've got a 16 GB Amazon Basics MicroSD card that I used in my Triumph that I swapped over without any troubles. I did make a backup copy of it and then cleaned up old data that accumulated and I did not need anymore.

I did not need the backup but it was nice knowing it was there in case I did delete something I shouldn't have.

HTC One V Forum

The HTC One V release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews