• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What size sd card are you using?

Size isn't all the matters on the MicroSD cards, class does too

Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

I ordered a class 6, but I wish there was some way to do an analysis on the phone itself to see how big of an impact it makes. Music load faster? Pictures load faster? Installs faster? If the phone could only access from the card at a class 2 speeds then it would certainly be silly to buy one any faster

K

Reactions: NovaCove
Upvote 0
Size isn't all the matters on the MicroSD cards, class does too

Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

I ordered a class 6, but I wish there was some way to do an analysis on the phone itself to see how big of an impact it makes. Music load faster? Pictures load faster? Installs faster? If the phone could only access from the card at a class 2 speeds then it would certainly be silly to buy one any faster. But you did read that when you took your data from wikipedia right?

K
class speeds are measuring the WRITE speed only. Not the read speed just an FYI. and those times are usually much faster than the write speed.

Upvote 0
I payed $102 for my first 2GB microsd card, so maybe $199 is a pretty good deal for 16x the storage :D

I remember those days... The days I had not money... I still dont have money though....

the sandisk site says:
"Please note that, due to Overwhelming demand for the 32GB microSDHC card, this product is temporarily out of stock and your order will be placed in backorder status. As soon as stock is replenished, your product will be shipped in the order in which it was received. Please keep this in mind when selecting one day shipping."

Demand? wtf? The only demand I can think of is for a lower price! :p

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
i'm using the free 2mb one that Verizon sent me because they forgot to include it in the original shipment. i won't buy a bigger one until i find an app that has a decent interface for my Mac.

i tried doubletwist, but it kept freezing.

i have 160gb in my iTunes folder on my computer. there's no way i'm going to sync the entire library to my phone. but there's got to be a better way than just moving folders manually. next on the list is iSyncr Lite. if it works well, i have no problem buying the full program.

if anybody has other suggestions, i'm all ears.

Upvote 0
I have read that the Incredible only supports up to 16GB. Is this true? Or will 32GB work?
My 32gb works fine in the Incredible.
No issues whatsoever, though I'm poor and would rather have my $199 back. :(

EDIT: Like GrandMasterB, I recall buying 512mb CF cards when they were on sale for $99. Thinking like that, the $199 for 32gb seemed llike a good deal at the time. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones