1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What software do you use to sync with podcasts on itunes?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by archer75, Aug 9, 2011.

1. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    I use itunes to automatically download and manage my podcasts and i'd like to continue to do so. Is there an app that will allow an android device to sync as easy as an ios device to itunes to auto sync selected podcasts?
    I have no interest in syncing music, just podcasts.

Also, i'm on OSX.

Looks like salling media sync may be the way to go but just wanted to check in. I'm hoping for something free.

Advertisement

2. pawdog

pawdog Member
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Just curious, is there a reason you would still use the computer for podcasts when any of the dedicated Android apps would seem to be much more efficient.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Listening to them on the computer would be one. I'm not saying that's the OP's case but it's not inconceivable for there to be reasons.

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    You should clearly state this in the subject. A lot of people read what they want to when looking at an OP.

5. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Engineer
    Eastern VA
    From my perspective of one with a IPod Touch 3G and wanting a Charge and not an iPhone. I use my Touch at work like a PDA. It replaced my TX. The music and Podcasts are nice there. When not at work I want the same or close to the same applications. I know a 32 GB iPhone 4 would be the given pair but the iPhone is too limited. So sync and get MY music and Podcast is a want. Also needs to sync with My Outlook data I put in Pocket Informant. So there is more than one person with this need. :D

6. archer75

None

Jul 25, 2011
    I do not, as of yet, own an android device or am familiar with these apps. Thus the reason for this post.

Also, I sync podcasts with multiple devices as is.

7. archer75

None

Jul 25, 2011
    Easy fix. Motorola Media Link software will do it. Music, photos, videos and podcasts, syncs both directions. I'm just hoping it will sync back the location i leave off on the podcasts. The included music player doesn't even see these newly transferred podcasts so I have to find a player that does.

Also, i'm not sure why it needs to convert the video podcasts to sync them. There's nothing unusual about the format and i'd think the phone should be able to handle the formats.

Would have been nice if they included the software for macs. It took a lot of searching before I found out it even existed.

Next up I need to figure out how to get my ebooks on the phone.