• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What sources do you use to research a ROM?

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
Wondering if anyone can help me with my research process. For the sake of this post lets say im interested in IncDoes MIUI, but im nervous about issues, or curious about what others have to say.

Just wondering how in-depth some of you go, or do you just flash it and hope for the best?

Personally, I check the Wiki page on this site:
IncDoes MIUI - The Incredible List

Then follow through to the XDA thread if its listed:
[ROM] IncDoes MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul" [v0.4] Oct-6th - xda-developers

And lastly i check AF to see if there is a thread open, and what ppl have to say. In this case there is:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/184736-rom-incdoes-miui-complete-ui-overhaul.html

The problem im having, is that there is SOOO much info, so many users, so many posts, so many threads. I dont know what bugs have been fixed, which are unresolved, which were just user-error, etc.

I get so caught up in trying to research, that my A.D.D kicks in and i lose interest sometimes lol

Just wondering if anyone has another source of info that can save me some time? Mainly im concerned about known issues i guess.

Thanks

http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/155282-incredible-rom-list.html
that or i just research the original thread on xda, most developers post on the first page what the known issues are

Right i should have mentioned, I do see the known issues on most ROM's listed on the list thread. And then also in first post in forum thread. Sometimes they match, sometimes they dont. Most times users are posting even more issues ....

Ahh god forget it, ill just flash um and pray lol

Sorry for the dopey thread, just wondered if there was another, more up to date source that i may not know of

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones